Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote blocking

• 14-10-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

Hello , I recently started using a Meteor broadband dongle after it being idle but stored safely for a month. When I tried to top up the credit on two different machines it wouldn't take the credit. I phoned Meteor and they said that they would top it up for me over the phone. I gave them the voucher number and they confirmed that it was now topped up.

The support agent said that it would be 'better if I phoned them to top up the dongle' in future and trailed off saying something about too many people topping up at the same time. I was just wondering from a purely technological point of view would it be possible for a company to remotely block a broadband dongle from being topped up in a conventional way so the customer would have to phone them. Thanks.

Advertisement