Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Advanced Software Engineering in UCD

Options
  • 14-10-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of pursuing the above mentioned course part-time on a 2 year basis in UCD. It consists of 3 weeks of lectures (3 Modules * 1 Week) per year and also a dissertation from May to Dec of the 2nd year.
    I have 15 years experience in the Software Industry and also a First Class Honours degree in Software Engineering.
    I have a 2 year old son and my wife and I will possibly be having another child in the next few years, so I'm in 2 minds as to whether I should pursue this.
    My employers said they will give me the 3 weeks off to attend the lectures so that's fine.
    I'm just wondering, is it worth it? Will it make much difference to my career? Will it be too intensive, with family and work commitments? I guess these are natural questions for me to be asking.
    Anyone else ever been in the same boat. Would appreciate any thoughts from people in my position. At the moment I'm 50-50 as to whether I'll do it or not. All input welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

Found this post while researching this course. Did you do the course and if so what did you think about?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Found this post while researching this course. Did you do the course and if so what did you think about?

Four year old post? Ballsy.

Advertisement