Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repairs

Options
  • 14-10-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Are there any camera repair shops in Cork?
    And roughly how much would it be to get a screen replaced?
    I know it's sometimes cheaper to get a new camera but it's a good enough camera so if it was under the €50 mark to fix it would be worth it.
    A screen is only $15-20 online and apparently easy to replace so surely it can't be too expensive :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

stacexD wrote: »
    Are there any camera repair shops in Cork?
    And roughly how much would it be to get a screen replaced?
    I know it's sometimes cheaper to get a new camera but it's a good enough camera so if it was under the €50 mark to fix it would be worth it.
    A screen is only $15-20 online and apparently easy to replace so surely it can't be too expensive :confused:

Depends on the model of camera.
    If its a point and shoot deal then there's a few places can fix it for you.
    this guy is excellant : http://www.tvae.ie/
    He previously serviced my JVC camcorder. He's based up by the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

horgan_p wrote: »
    Depends on the model of camera.
    If its a point and shoot deal then there's a few places can fix it for you.
    this guy is excellant : http://www.tvae.ie/
    He previously serviced my JVC camcorder. He's based up by the airport.
    Roughly how much was that if you don't mind me asking? I'll be around there at the weekend might call in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

€40 , but it was in a bad way (hadnt been used for years).
    havent had to get it done since , so I assume he did a good job.

Thanks!
    I'll give that place a go so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

If that place quotes too much money buy the part online and google how to fix it. I'd bet money there's a guide on how to DIY out there somewhere. And if you screw it up sure you've lost nothing as you'd have had to buy a new camera anyway!

• Advertisement

Looked into that actually but the shipping time is what put me off... Even though I've been saying I'll bring it into a shop to get fixed since Oxegen I'm too impatient to wait the 2 weeks for shipping from the US haha :)

Advertisement