Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing Software

Options
  • 15-10-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

Hi a friend of mine wants to do a video and add text to it. Is there an alternative video editing software to Final Cut Pro that I could get online or download free?

I myself has used video editing software for a college module in multimedia but it was Final Cut Pro I used and haven't used any other alternatives other than Flash Encoder and changing video to .avi with different software for a power point presentation.

Just wondering is Final Cut Pro any use or are there any other suggestions for alternative video editing software you could advise me on?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

There is a great deal on Amazon for Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum 10;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Movie-Studio-HD-Platinum/dp/B003L4ZQKQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1319065599&sr=8-5

At ~€16 this is a fantastic deal.
    I bought this for a mate a few weeks and it's spot-on for video editing both SD & HD.
    Although this is not the very latest version, which is version 11, at this price it's a great deal.
    Version 11 just added 3D support, so no major difference between them.

Remember to add something ~£12/€14 value to the order to get the free super-saver delivery option at checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 John Booster

doovdela wrote: »
    Hi a friend of mine wants to do a video and add text to it. Is there an alternative video editing software to Final Cut Pro that I could get online or download free?

I myself has used video editing software for a college module in multimedia but it was Final Cut Pro I used and haven't used any other alternatives other than Flash Encoder and changing video to .avi with different software for a power point presentation.

Just wondering is Final Cut Pro any use or are there any other suggestions for alternative video editing software you could advise me on?

Thanks in advance

If you re running a PC try using muvee Reveal X ( demo found here Reveal X Demo) You can use the demo and check it out. Its really simple. i.e, a lot more simple than final cut pro and primer elements to use.

there is more on this topic on another thread here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056443079#post75330144
    cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ILikeTurtles

Try Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects .. Both worked like a charm for me :)

Advertisement