Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thick Plastic "plates"?

• 15-10-2011 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could source plastic / acrylic / HDPE / PVC type plates similar to these (end plates) in Ireland:
    hho_dry_cells~~element56.jpg

Technically dont need plastic, something water proof, reasonably heat resistant and electrically non-conductive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mico Metals sell all kinds of heavy plastic sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

Alperton engineering in Dublin. They also cut to size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Check with anyone locally that does the signs for shop fronts. The letters are cut by a CNC machine out of PVC Foam sheet (you wouldn't know it was foam as its solid and rigid) the sheets are afaik 4ft x 8ft and come in range of thicknesses. Get someone with their own letter cutting machine and they'll make those components for you. I know someone in waterford who can do that, but that might be too far to travel PM me if you want a number to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Thanks for all the replys will follow up. Had a quick look at Radionics, kinda pricey for the purposes of DIYing! :(
    I could likely make do with offcuts if I could source.

• Advertisement
Advertisement