If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Blu-ray with built in Amp

Options
  • 15-10-2011 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

... or a cheap amp and a blue ray player!

I have a 5.1 speakers from a Samsung DVD home cinema - but the amp component of the DVD player seems to have died (sound, but even at full volume you can barely hear it).

I'm assuming I can snip the bespoke connectors off the ends of the speakers and attach them into any amp/new home cinema unit?

Budget of approx €300, want DivX and ideally USB, wireless, the usual magical options - any suggestions?

Thanks for any guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

bumping now that you guys are back - anything in this range or should i be bumping up the budget? Would be very happy to have the integrated music features that give the "sonos" like options....

Im guessing I'm gonna need a bigger boat?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bumping now that you guys are back - anything in this range or should i be bumping up the budget? Would be very happy to have the integrated music features that give the "sonos" like options....

Im guessing I'm gonna need a bigger boat?

Dr,

Another apology for the very late response - I'm not 110% sure I can pull this deal off but I have a sniff of a deal on:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/98/405/VSX-421/index.html

With:

Philips BDP7500II

Now these are two cracking bits of kit - I've already got the Pioneer in stock and I hope that I can lay my grubby paws on a few of the Philips BDP7500 II

bdp7500s2_12_rtf_.jpg

The 7500 II is a real bit of quality and all the best people have one (ie I do :D)

I hope to be able to do this combo at just €319.99 - a cracking price - drop me a line if you are interested and I'll pop you on the list and as soon as I get white smoke, you'll be 1st to know..

Thanks again..,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

thanks for the reply - tell me this - the Blu-ray looks nice indeed - I'm wondering -what is the best value amp you have that will access networked music? So that essentially I can just play all the music from my PC through it? It was a nice feature I saw on Onkya TXNR-509l Is this the best of those type of things?

thanks for the reply - tell me this - the Blu-ray looks nice indeed - I'm wondering -what is the best value amp you have that will access networked music? So that essentially I can just play all the music from my PC through it? It was a nice feature I saw on some other model, but can't find that model again to give you a better reference....

Prob another Pioneer - The VSX-921 - I've already offered a boardie a crazy price on one tonight at €418 so I'd happily offer you the same..

( it even has Airplay and there is an optional dongle available at £49.95/ €59.99)

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/62/98/405/VSX-921/index.html

Keep me posted.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

whisper me (all gentle like) the price on the VX921 with the phillips BDP7500II...

• Advertisement

whisper me (all gentle like) the price on the VX921 with the phillips BDP7500II...

not sure I like the sound of that :D

OK you're only going to get one shot at this €518 with delivery at €19.99...

Keep mc posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.