Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my luggage shipped back to Ireland from Oz

Options
  • 15-10-2011 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi All, I'm thinking of getting my luggage shipped back home when my time is up here in oz, it will just be around 40kg id say. Just think it will be very handy and allow me to stop over and bagpack it somewhere in Asia. Has anyone any experience of this or a recommendation for a company that does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im gonna do the same when my time is up too unless i get to stay on here, could you get a big box and pack it up and bring to post office and send it home?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Yumee

Yeah actually that's an idea. I sent home a box of chocs to someone, they were an average enough size and postage was $50.!! They cost 20! Anyway i doubt they could charge much more than 200 which i would prob pay. I have heard of things like getting your stuff shipped slowly as in takes a month or so but apparently its a cheap way to do it.. Not sure if this is true would love to know if anyone has used it..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 zapb

I used this company 1.5 years ago in Sydney:

www.globalps.com.au

To keep costs down, I opted for door-to-port delivery. The shipping is by sea, takes 2 months so you wouldn't want to be in a rush. The good thing is that weight is unlimited.

2 tea-chests (huge boxes approx. 1m x 60cm x 60cm) cost me $200-240. I had a lot of heavy stuff so couldn't get better than that.

Price included the boxes - they drop out the boxes to you, then collect when you've filled them. You collect in a warehouse near the airport in Dublin a couple months later. They also offer door-to-door but this was a more expensive option.

Actually, this is the website I used: http://www.discountfreight.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Yumee

Thanks for that info zapd, I'll more than likely use them so. I take it if its unlimited that that's the standard cost and doesn't go down if you have less! I should have shipped my luggage on the way over too, would have made Thailand easier!

• Advertisement

That was the standard cost when I used them nearly 2 years ago - so you'd have to check with them. Also, that was for sea shipping - you can send less by air and it might work out cheaper. Tea chests are huge - although I had a lot to ship, I didn't near come to filling the boxes.

Advertisement