Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constitutional Challenge in courts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

selfrep wrote: »
    Waterford District Court December 6th 2011 10:30 am
    I'm seriously going to try to be there. Serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭selfrep

Plastik wrote: »
    JC, tell us about the GOAT's!?

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Matthew 25 :31

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQyRJjtKVq4XYJ7uXNbljFn3BnfQiI6ak-d2_LuRYHdb7T3uNY

I feel like Heidi on this forum h-heidi6803.jpg

I don't want to download your silly books, can you not just enlighten us with your wise words?

I'm doubting you.
    You've provided nothing to back up your claim.

The burden of proof lies with you. I suggest you get on with it.

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Matthew 25 :31

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9YMHk3NgoXUg7F_5VdZROOZ8dwH-2YQJDt_Pe8cpuY2-X00wP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I feel like Heidi on this forum h-heidi6803.jpg

As in, someone pretending to be a character from a work of fiction?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I think this one should be closed out of kindness. Best left to the courts to attempt to keep a straight face and put this one to bed.

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek.
    The Merchant of Venice. Act I, Scene Three.

(ain't quoting in lieu of an actual conversation fun?)

I don't want to download your silly books, can you not just enlighten us with your wise words?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIkD7q6MgKoOKKBeLL9G8E2O0_FX8IGi9F5ayFgRnpyK3kclfW0Q
    Jesus I trust in you,

Jesus, may Your pure and healthy blood circulate in my poor ailing organism, and may Your pure and healthy body transform my weak unhealthy body, and may a healthy and vigorous life flowing once again within me, if it is truly Your Holy Will. Amen.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuuzKeufMyh926MVXMWONVTxrsnzi5kG7ylkWGknnzRKizt_Nn

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPkILgNlTw3S0QvPEA87V_P9EVeIYnWM_j8vGG1ECCj4hFMri8

As in, someone pretending to be a character from a work of fiction?

As in a person who was responsible for a lot of goats.....

• Advertisement

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek.
    The Merchant of Venice. Act I, Scene Three.

(ain't quoting in lieu of an actual conversation fun?)

Luke 17:25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Proverbs [27:12] Sensible people will see trouble coming and avoid it, but an unthinking person will walk right into it and regret it later.

Proverbs [26:4] If you answer a silly question, you are just as silly as the person who asked it.

Proverbs [13:16] Sensible people always think before they act, but stupid people advertise their ignorance.

Proverbs [15:28] Good people think before they answer. Evil people have a quick reply, and it causes trouble.

proverbs [9:8] Never correct a conceited man; he will hate you for it. But if you correct a wise man, he will respect you.

Proverbs [12:15] Stupid people always think they are right. Wise people listen to advice.

Proverbs [27:5] Better to correct someone openly than to let him think you don't care for him at all.

Proverbs [27:22] Even if you beat a fool until he's half dead, you still can't beat his foolishness out of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

I am pie wrote: »
    I think this one should be closed out of kindness. Best left to the courts to attempt to keep a straight face and put this one to bed.

the second coming of christ is a very important subject.

This thread is gold! :D

For the safety of the OP (and everyone else) I think a long trip to the Central Mental Hospital may be in order.

The GArdai already tried that and if you read the posts I have passed 4 psychiatric exams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Plastik

Why have you chosen to preform the second coming in Waterford, why not somewhere appropriate like Knock?

davoxx wrote: »

the second coming of christ is a very important subject.

Finally one man worth saving Your right sir it is important

Why have you chosen to preform the second coming in Waterford, why not somewhere appropriate like Knock?

WATERford........

Holy-Spirit-Dove-Fire.jpg

O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be submissive in everything that You permit to happen to me, only show me what is Your will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The GArdai already tried that and if you read the posts I have passed 4 psychiatric exams

Can you pass mine, one simple question:

Is God real?

A) Yes
    B) No
    The correct answer is B, if you answered A you have failed. Thank you for taking part.

WATERford........

I'm sorry, I don't follow? :confused:

Our Blessed Lady appeared to some of the locals in Mount Mellerey WATERFORD for a period of 9 days. During those 9 days she gave the visionaries a message for the Irish people & the whole world. During the course of these days the visionaries were given visions of many extraordinary supernatural events. Our Lady spoke of how God was angry with the world & how we must change, if we do not then she said
    That the Devil would take over Gods church in ten years.

The part of Our Ladys message which is consistent through out those nine days was Prayer. In her own words My Message is Peace and Prayer and no more fighting in the world Our lady also said I want the Irish people to spread my message to the world

Melleray Grotto is a little Grotto located one mile below the Cistercian Monestary of Mount Melleray in the Knockmealdown Mountains in Waterford County, Ireland. High on the cliff face is set a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes, which is the site of the apparitions. By the side of the Grotto flows the small Monavugga River. The Cistercian Monks first came to this area in 1832 and eventually set up the statue of Our Lady. Ursual O’Rourke, a seventeen year old local teenager was the first to see Our Lady. This happened on August 16, 1985 while Ursual was at the Grotto with her mother, her sister Mary and her brothers John and Donal. To her amazement, she noticed that the ststaue of Our Lady was moving. When Ursula finally said “Why me?” Our Lady smiled and when Ursual said “Please bless all my family,” Our Lady smiled even more. When Ursual told her mother, they all went back right away to the Grotto to find Our Lady still there. This time, Mary, John and Donal also saw Our Lady, but She did not speak. Ursual was to receive no messages directly from Our Lady; however she was involved with messages given to the two boys. On August 17, 1985 the statue again moved as witnessed by several people. There were no messages, only visions of Jesus and Padre Pio were given to various people. The following day was Sunday, August 18, 1985. On this day Tom Cliffe, age twelve, came to the Grotto with his father and saw the face of Jesus on the statue. After he told his parents, the family returned to the Grotto and that is when Tom first saw the statue change and move back and forth and become a living person. Our Lady spoke to Tom but he was so frightened that he did not hear clearly what Our Lady said. Either she said “I want to” or “I want you” Tom said he did not want to come back because he was frightened. It was on this same date that Our Lady also appeared to farmer Michael O’Donnell and said to him “Preserve Sunday for prayer”. Commencing on August 19, 1985 Tom Cliffe and his eleven year old cousin Barry Buckley both saw Our Lady at the Grotto every evening for two and one-half hours, except on August 19th when Our Lady appeared to the two boys twice, about two hours each time. It seems that Barry called Tom to play for the day and they ended up at the Grotto. Shortly, after they started playing the rosary, they noticfed the statue change and Her robe was blowing in the wind. Children were running around and it was noisy. Our Lady said “Behave” When no one paid attention, tears flowed from the statue and splashed onto the ground. Our Lady asked for prayer, then the boys received two biblical visions: one of the First pentecost and one of the Last Supper. Because it was getting cold, the boys went home but returned to the Grotto again at about 8.00pm. This time Ursual joined them. Our Lady was now at the top of the Grotto standing on a manifested flight of stairs. She walked down the stairs and gave a message of peace and prayer. She also warned that people have 10 years to improve and pray, and if they don’t , then this is what will happen. Then the boys received another biblical vision, this time of the Great Flood and Noah’s Ark

On August 20th Tom and Barry again received messages. Ursual was present also. Again Our Lady gave a stern warning that the world had ten years to imrpove. Then Tom re ceived a biblical vision of the “Doubting Thomas” When the boys told Our Lady they had to leave She said “That is all right. I will see you tommorrow” Ursual and the two boys again went to the grotto on August 21st. The Grotto was crowded and many cars and people were outside the Grotto unable to get in. This was the night the boys heard Our Lady singing: “Peace is flowing like a river” This was also the first night that the public address (PA) system was rigged so the boys could speak into the microphone and let the crowds know what was happening and also speak out the messages as they were given to them. Our Lady announced that She was pleased with Ireland and wanted the people of Ireland to convey her messages. The boys then received another biblical vision; this time Our Lord was sleeping in the boat during a storm. This vision was described over the PA system. Then Our Lady said her message was “for peace, prayer and no more fighting in the world”. The boys then received a biblical vision of the Nativity. Then Our Lady told the boys “I will make a movement to the people” This was announced over the PA system. Then things really began to happen. It seems that not only the two boys but many people saw Our Lady move her head towards the crowd on the road. The statue turned several times, people gasped as this happened and the boys announced what they saw over the PA system as it was occuring. Our Lady said She hoped most of the people saw Her. Suddenly the boys announced She was coming down the steps and looking towards the road. People backed away, but Our Lady assured the crowd through the boys “Be not Afraid, I will never hurt you” She also said “I want the people out on the road to see Me because I will leave soon” And there were many who did see Our Blessed Lady that night.

The next night August 22nd Our Lady appeared and asked for more prayers and again asked for the hymn “Peace is flowing like a river” Her message was stern “The entire world must improve…If the world does not improve, the devil will take over God’s Church in ten years” It was then that Satan appeared at Our lady’s left side jeering at Her. This frighetned the boys. However on the next night Ausgut 23rd Our Lady again reassured us with Her message. With your faith and prayers, you can overcome the devil. Again She asked for more prayer sna promised “I will show Myself to more peoplein more places” On August 24th Our Lady affirmed that She was the Mother of Jesus Christ. This was the final apparition to these two boys.

The Grotto today is as much as it was then. Pilgrims constantly visit the Grotto. Many later visions of Our Lord, Our Lady, Padre Pio and otyhers have been reported. Also the phenomenon of the”Dance of the Sun” has been reported on several occasions. Rosary and prayer groups are set up Saturdays and Sundays. Numerous physical and spiritual healings are reported. The children were at first ridiculed. Many people refused to believe but in spite of these obstacles, the children continued to do their part to spread the messages as Our Lady requested. The children each affirmed in writing their unwavering and solemn belief in the visions and the messages. Barry Buckley gave his written affirmation before a priest less than one month before his sudden death. It is reported that the Bishop is conducting an investigation. No decision is reported.

Usually the boys saw the statue move back and forth, then the gown on the statue would blow in the wind just before they saw the apparition. Invariably they were praying the rosary when Our Lady appeared…

In addition to these three central visionaries, there were several other people present at the Grotto during the period frok August 16th to August 24th 1985 who reported having visions and apparitions, some of whom received messages. Of note is Michael O’Donnell who reported having visions of Our Lord’s face and also of Our Lady at the Grotto on August 18, 1985. Our Lady spoke to him: “Preserve Sunday for prayer”. Also reported are several testimonies from various people who experienced visions and other phenomena subsequent to the week of August 16th to August 25th, 1985. Interestingly enough, on Septmber 4, 1985 Msgr. Patrick Lannen visited the Grotto and to his surprise he saw visions of the Sacred Heart, St Joseph, the child Jesus and finally Our Blessed Mother showed Herself. Although there were no words spoken, this Monsignor now believes; he admits having been a nonbeliever of these apparitions before this experience.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, I don't follow? :confused:

whats used at baptism for the forgiveness of sins?.....

A priest?

*snip*

And right back to the central conceit that there are only two options here. Belief in your claims despite a lack of evidence that you are who you think you are or that the person is 'afraid' of your 'truth'.
    As long as you keep being so transparent in your arguments then I have no choice but to continue to reject your claims.

And I look forward to your court appearance.
    I assume that if you fail to convince them you'll use a similar argument as you have with me, as opposed to reconsidering your beliefs?

Please note also...Many People have claimed to be the Messiah in the past and set up churches and cults and asked people to join and folow them and give them money..... ALL I ASK IS YOU DOWNLOAD A FREE NON FICTION BOOK THAT PROVES IRELAND IS HOME TO THE SECOND COMING AND I ASK YOU PRAISE GOD......NO MONEY......DONT FOLLOW ME...FOLLOW GOD AND THE DIVINE PLAN........ITS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK OF YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS ....A HORSE CAN ONLY BE LED TO WATER http://stores.lulu.com/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

exploitation of someone so young they cannot possibly understand what they're being forced into???

And right back to the central conceit that there are only two options here. Belief in your claims despite a lack of evidence that you are who you think you are or that the person is 'afraid' of your 'truth'.
    As long as you keep being so transparent in your arguments then I have no choice but to continue to reject your claims.

And I look forward to your court appearance.
    I assume that if you fail to convince them you'll use a similar argument as you have with me, as opposed to reconsidering your beliefs?

During the second coming you either side with god or with satan, there are your two options mister and its quite obvious which side you are on

exploitation of someone so young they cannot possibly understand what they're being forced into???

baptism can be done at any age adults or children.....its the water thats the symbol not the age when it happens

During the second coming you either side with god or with satan, there are your two options mister and its quite obvious which side you are on

Appeal to fear. I wish i were playing fallacy bingo, I'd have won by now.
    All of which presupposes there is a god in the Christian sense of course - which is still a matter of debate.

Also, I'm curious, why would someone claiming to be the son of god fail to capitalise the 'g' in god? It's a pretty big sticking point with most believers I've interacted with online, you'd think you'd care enough to get it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Please note also...Many People have claimed to be the Messiah in the past and set up churches and cults and asked people to join and folow them and give them money..... ALL I ASK IS YOU DOWNLOAD A FREE NON FICTION BOOK THAT PROVES IRELAND IS HOME TO THE SECOND COMING AND I ASK YOU PRAISE GOD......NO MONEY......DONT FOLLOW ME...FOLLOW GOD AND THE DIVINE PLAN........ITS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK OF YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS ....A HORSE CAN ONLY BE LED TO WATER http://stores.lulu.com/2012

Right...and where does it refer to you or identify you ?

(I should know better than to ask I suspect)...

• Advertisement

Knock Knock.....whos there...Jesus....Jesus who?.....:

Behold I stand at the door and knock – Revelation 3:20

Knock and the door will be opened to you Luke 11:9
    KNOCK 1879

800px-Knock_shrine.JPG

Before reading the mystery of light that occurred in Knock it is
    important that we recall the writings of the Irish Prophet St.
    Columbkille “The clergy shall be led into error, by their
    misinterpretation of their reading.” This is not to say the
    church or Vatican purposely led people into error, it just
    suggests that they may through no fault of their own
    misinterpret something. Knock, Co Mayo is located near the
    Holy Mountain of St. Patrick also known as The Hill of Mary
    (Zion). Praise the Lord our God, and worship at his sacred hill.
    The Lord our God is Holy. Psalm 99:9.

If you believe in the vision that occurred in Knock, then you
    have to accept the witnesses testimony and as you read it you
    will begin to see they were not sure who the third figure was
    that was cast in this mysterious light. Ergo you must also
    accept that the church did all they could based on the evidence
    they had. They based their beliefs on the same thing you did,
    the testimony of good Irish Catholic People.

If you do not believe or indeed do not know what occurred in
    Knock, brace yourself.

The church in Knock is named after St John the Baptist whom
    of course prepared people for the first coming of the messiah.
    The apparition took place one day after the feast of Abraham
    who is known as “Our Father in Faith” in the Catholic Church.
    The apparition took place at the back wall of the Church
    outside. On the reverse side of this wall is the altar inside the
    church. The altar carved in marble depicts the nativity scene,
    Jesus surrounded by Angels, the four Gospel writers and below
    the altar is the 13th station of the cross in marble, Mary
    receives the Body of Jesus. Either side of the altar is adorned
    with a statue of Mary and Joseph and above these two statues
    are stained glass windows depicting Holy Spirit scenes. The
    biggest clue as to why this church was chosen, if indeed any
    more clues were needed is the stained glass window above the
    altar itself. It depicts the scene from John chapter 4 when
    Jesus meets the woman at the well and lets her know he is the
    water of life. The top of the stained glass window has a chalice
    the chalice that the Son will drink from when he returns for his
    second coming.

August 21st 1879

County Mayo, Ireland was close to the brink of another famine
    in 1879. It was; for all intensive purposes a normal Irish
    summers evening in the small town of Knock. There was little
    more than a church, a school and a few shops in this bog side
    village that was about to shoot to international fame.
    It was a Thursday, about 8pm and it was raining. Mary Byrne
    was just one of 15 people that would later be called to give an
    eye witness account of the miraculous event that she saw.
    There were no means of modern communication available,
    back then people still relied on their senses, and their eyes
    would not fail them on this occasion.

Mary McLoughlin was aged 45 and was employed as the
    housekeeper to Archdeacon Cavanagh, the local priest. En
    route to her friend‟s cottage, that of Mary Byrne, Mrs
    McLoughlin stopped by the parish church and noticed some
    new illuminated statue like figures which she presumed the
    church had acquired from Dublin to decorate the grounds. It
    was not until she returned about 15 minutes later with her
    friend to lock up the church that the two realised what was
    before them. Another witness also passed by the church but
    paid no attention to the lights until she too returned later in
    the evening.

As it dawned on them that they were not statues purchased to
    decorate the grounds they both exclaimed simultaneously
    “They are moving! It is the Blessed Virgin.” The lights could be
    seen from far away. One man who lived a half mile away could
    see the glow at the church on the evening from his home and
    remarked to folk that it looks like the church is on fire from
    here. That is how powerful the heavenly rays were. This
    witness did not know that an apparition was occurring.
    In immense heavenly light, there appeared the figures of Our
    Lady, St Joseph and a third figure that they did not recognise.
    There also appeared a plain altar upon which there sat a lamb
    with a cross and the altar was surrounded with angels. The
    altar in the apparition was directly below the stained glass
    window of the church that depicts the scene of Jesus being the
    water of life. Naturally when (and if) one sees such a heavenly
    apparition, there starts a rollercoaster of emotions instantly.
    Confusion, bewilderment, surprise, awe, fear, joy and a sense
    of complete calmness with peace all at the same time. Within
    minutes the 2 ladies were joined by 13 other witnesses and
    they all stood in awe and began praying. The age range of the
    witnesses was from 6 to 75, the account of their experience
    was all the same:

The figures they saw before them were all about 2 feet from
    the ground and appeared as though suspended in mid air. The
    Blessed Virgin Mary was dressed in white robes with a golden
    crown upon her head that also had a golden rose at the brow.
    The crown sparkled with gems in the shape of crosses. Our
    Lady also had a yellow vestment over the robe that she wore.
    Dressed in white and yellow and with a gem encrusted golden
    crown and a golden yellow rose upon her brow. Our Lady was
    in an attitude of prayer with her hands raised to shoulder level
    and her eyes upwards towards heaven.

St Joseph appeared with head bowed, as if in total respect to
    Our Lady. He wore brilliant white robes and had greyish hair.
    The third figure was unknown to the 15 witnesses. It was
    suggested on the evening in question by Mary Byrne that the
    third figure resembled a statue of St John the Evangelist
    which she had previously seen in another church. As nobody
    knew who the third figure before them was they all agreed
    that possibly it was that of St John, but in their testimony it
    was recorded that this was just their opinion and they were
    not sure. Without knowing who it was, they all agreed that it
    must be St John the Evangelist, but they left it open to
    speculation.

The difference between this figure before them and the statue
    the witness referred to was that the man in this apparition was
    wearing a mitre (small white skull cap) similar to that worn by
    a Pope. The third figure stood with what appeared to be a
    book of gospels in his left hand with his right arm raised and
    angled towards Our Lady. He also had his index finger and
    middle finger raised with the other fingers tucked
    underneath his thumb and looked as though he was trying to
    get a message across to an audience in the form of preaching.
    One witness was said to be able to read the gospel passage
    but there is no available published evidence of this.
    Before you decide whether you believe this or not it is vitally
    important you ask yourself if this story was made up, why
    would the people all describe the same vision and state they
    did not recognise the third figure. If this story was made up
    they would have kept their stories simple and not included
    details such as an anonymous third figure. They told the truth
    and described what they could as best they could because they
    were witnessing a piece of worldwide history. If you still
    disbelieve you will become part of history as opposed to part of
    the future that this history is shaping today.

The people remained in awe in the rain reciting prayers and
    the rosary. They were obviously drenched, but there was no
    rain falling in the direction of the vision, in fact the ground
    underneath the vision was incredibly dry. After about 2 hours
    when the vision had disappeared, the ground became wet.
    What these people were witnessing was in fact a prophetic
    vision from providence, but what did it mean?
    The Vision in Knock seemed to confuse the church. There was
    no message from Our Lady, no speaking, just a visualisation.
    It differed to previous apparitions particularly those in La
    Salette and Lourdes, where on both occasions Our Lady
    encouraged the recital of the rosary and penance. One thing
    was for sure and that was that the sacrficial lamb, the second
    coming of the Son of God it would appear would come from
    Ireland and would be related to a Pope preaching. A pope
    however had never been to Ireland. Would the Pope be the
    lamb or would the sacrificial lamb come after the Pope‟s
    arrival? There was no doubt in the minds of The Vatican that
    Ireland played an official role in the second coming in some
    way shape or form.

There was of course an enquiry set up almost immediately.
    Within 6 weeks it was confirmed that the eye witness accounts
    were credible, trustworthy and satisfactory. People began to
    arrive in Knock from all parts of Ireland and overseas and
    many miraculous cures were reported which Archdeacon
    Cavanagh began recording in a diary. It is important to
    emphasise that these people were deeply religious and would
    not have made up such a story. A 6 year old boy gave an
    account of what he saw time and time again as did the other
    14. All the stories matched even when these people were
    questioned separately. These people rarely sinned so to think
    they made up a story about the Mother of God to trick
    everyone is just ignorance on the part of mankind today. Not
    everyone sins so freely contrary to popular belief.

Visitors came from near and afar. People began taking
    souvenirs with them from the brick wall of the church and they
    had to seal off the area. Newspapers across the world reported
    the story. The first reported miracle is given complete medical
    backing by the Father of Oscar Wilde who was a leading ear
    doctor. Dr Wilde had been the last of a string of doctors that a
    deaf man had visited in the hope he could cure his lifelong
    deafness. Dr Wilde was the leading ear specialist of the day
    and he told the man his long term deafness was incurable.
    The patient heard of this miracle town in the West and decided
    to pay it a visit. Within minutes of entering the church the man
    began to hear for the first time in his life. Dr Wilde who was
    not catholic attested that there was no medical explanation for
    the sudden recovery of this patient. Leading ear doctors do not
    go on record stating such things could be miracles unless they
    fully accept it may just be. As pilgrims arrived from afar so too
    did doctors testimonies with several writing to the Archdeacon
    to confirm their patients had mysteriously healed themselves.
    There is a record of healings and miracles.

The title "Our lady of Knock, Queen of Ireland" was bestowed
    on the Blessed Virgin and Knock received full recognition from
    The Vatican even though its true meaning was not understood.
    The Vatican knew that something happened here, fully
    believed it and knew eventually it would be understood in time
    to come. The Mother of God does not manifest on earth in
    silence unless she has good reason to.

In 1936, a second enquiry was set up to reinvestigate the
    vision to see if anything was overlooked, The Vatican were
    eager to try and understand what this silent vision meant and
    to see if it could throw any light on the visions of Fatima in
    1917. With only 3 of the visionaries still alive, their testimony
    remained the same even after 57 years. Mary Byrne, lying on
    her death bed and under oath verified exactly what she had
    said in 1879. The 6 year old boy who was now in manhood still
    reiterated his version of events. Vatican officials travelled to
    New York to interview him as he emigrated from the shores of
    Ireland. The Church was still left bewildered. They approved
    and backed the apparition but did not truly understand the
    prophetic vision.

In 1979, 100 years later Pope John Paul II arrived in Ireland
    for a whirlwind tour and in one of many memorable speeches
    he announced to the flock that had gathered to see him in
    Knock “I am at the heart of my pilgrimage". This further
    endorsed the apparition. The Pope also gave a wonderful
    golden crown to the parish in order to fully recognise his
    approval that The Queen of Ireland did indeed appear in
    Knock. Despite the fact the Pope appeared in Dublin, Galway
    and many other leading cities, he chose to announce that
    appearing at Knock was for some reason the goal of his
    mission. Now why would a man who Time Magazine named
    person of the year say that a small bog side village in Ireland
    was the goal of his pilgrimage? Many of course will testify that
    the Pope knew he was that third figure.

Although there were the usual doubters and sceptics, Knock
    without a true explanation of what the apparition really meant
    was not as popular a place for pilgrims to attend as Lourdes or
    Fatima much to the delight of those that passed the vision off
    as a "bunch of nonsense" from a crowd of "drunken Irish
    people".

Whatever occurred in Knock changed the people of Ireland. It
    created “The Mothers of Knock”. Even 100 years later, it didn‟t
    matter which of your friends house you entered there was
    always a little altar or picture in the hallway of Our Lady. The
    faithful Mothers of Ireland whom stayed true to their devotions
    always had faith in this apparition trusting their intuition as
    Mothers that guided them to believe that our Lady would not
    simply appear in silence unless she had good reason to.
    On Thursday September 12th 1963, A Father Horan was
    transferred to Knock Parish as curate, and from 1967 as Parish
    Priest. He remained here until his untimely death on August
    1st 1986. Often referred to as the 'Builder of Knock' he
    undertook to improve the facilities at Knock for pilgrims and
    parishioners alike. His main achievements during this time
    were :

The building of the new church of 'Our Lady, Queen of Ireland',
    which was blessed and dedicated on July 18th 1976. The
    church is large enough to accommodate 10,000 people and
    covers one acre of ground. It was a gigantic undertaking,
    which required the collaboration of church authorities,
    architects, contractors and workers and Monsignor Horan had
    the responsibility of overseeing the whole operation. On
    September 30th 1979, Pope John Paul II raised the new
    church to the dignity of Basilica.

The invitation to Pope John Paul II and subsequent acceptance
    to visit Knock for the centenary celebrations in 1979. It took
    the vision and courage of Msgr. Horan to think on the scale,
    which the events of this visit dictated. It has been said that if
    one man brought the Pope to this country, it was James
    Horan. Over 450,000 people came to Knock on that day.
    His third and equally amazing achievement was the building of
    Horan International Airport. The fact that a Parish Priest in the
    west of Ireland could be responsible for a multi-million pound
    airport seemed unrealistic and unattainable. When the first
    flight out of Knock Airport, destined for Rome, departed on
    October 24th 1985, Msgr. Horan stated that it was 'the
    greatest day in the history of Connacht for a hundred years'.
    He showed his true character and sheer determination in
    achieving this impressive goal.

Two months after the official opening of the airport, Msgr.
    Horan went on pilgrimage to Lourdes with members of his
    family and friends. He died unexpectedly on that pilgrimage
    on August 1st. His body was flown from Lourdes to Knock and
    was the first funeral to fly into Knock airport.

Despite the fact there were numerous miracles recorded and
    Knock received Vatican approval, many people were highly
    sceptical purely because not only was the apparition silent and
    no message was given but there was also a third figure in the
    apparition that remained unidentifiable. Since 1879 it has been
    taken that Our Lady did indeed appear with St Joseph and St
    John the Evangelist along with an altar upon which sat a lamb
    surrounded by angels. What nobody expected is that Our Lady
    would one day return to Ireland to explain this mystical vision
    so that it would all make sense. Knock was an integral part of
    The Marian Code as it predicted the future of what was to
    come; the apparition said it all and there was no need for an
    audible message. The sacrificial lamb would come from
    Ireland.

In hindsight the message of Knock could not have been any
    clearer; Our Lady appeared in heavenly light to announce the
    coming of the Mysteries of Light. As one reads the messages
    left by Our Lady in previous apparitions, it becomes quite clear
    that the world has been given ample notice of the second
    coming (The II Coming) and how to prepare for it but most
    have chosen to ignore it. Providence has spent centuries
    preparing us for the second coming, but of course there are
    many that felt they were God and took the laws of the world
    into their own hands only to find that God is now coming back
    to claim ownership of the very world he created.
    Unfortunately for the world we have ignored Our Lady's
    repeated requests of Prayer Penance and Peace in favour of a
    lifestyle which we feel suits us better thus putting the bible to
    the back of our minds and so Our Lady's predictions of
    pestilence, plagues, famines, wars and a multitude of other
    disasters have started to become reality............but in the end
    her immaculate heart will triumph.

Not only was Our Lady coming to Ireland to declare The
    Second Coming but also sowing the seeds of her intention to
    earn the title of Coredemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate.
    August 21st is the Feast day of the Queen of Ireland, Our Lady
    of Knock. The apparition occurred on the eve of The Feast of
    The Queenship of Mary and The Feast of The Immaculate
    Heart of Mary which is celebrated on August 22nd annually. St
    Joseph whom had just been declared by The Vatican as head
    of The Universal Church made a rare appearance. This was the
    Holy family but who was that third figure in the prophecy from
    Providence? Why did Providence give us so many Gifted
    Prophetic Irish Saints? Why is the Royal County of Meath
    steeped in history? Why? Why is Ireland chosen?

Within this mystery cast in light there was a third man dressed
    in white with a small round skull cap, similar to a Pope and not
    too dissimilar to that same Pope shown to three children in
    Fatima some 38 years later and not too dissimilar to a Pope
    that visited Knock some 100 years later...... The Marian Code
    was getting deeper and deeper, the light shining ever so
    brighter and brighter, Madonna Of Ireland, Our Lady of
    Ireland, Queen of Ireland, Our Lady of Knock, guide me with
    thy light. Guide you she will.

The Vatican could hardly announce to the world that they knew
    this was the sign that the Second Coming was approaching.
    Although they were not 100% sure they knew there were no
    coincidences in Providence. All they could do was add this to
    their growing list of evidence that Ireland was chosen by God
    to lead the world into a new era. Nor did they know that a lot
    more evidence would come their way some of which they
    would ignore showing they too are human like the rest of us.
    In 2007 The Vatican were informed that the third figure was
    not St John the Evangelist and were asked to conduct a new
    enquiry based on new information so they could correct their
    mistake and teach the people properly. This would have
    involved them admitting mistakes were made and that for over
    100 years people were led to believe it was St John and rather
    than admit their error and assist correct the mistake they
    ignored it and willingly allowed people to continue visiting the
    grotto and praying to St John the Evangelist. Had they of
    corrected the mistake it would have meant millions around the
    world would have benfitted and understood the second coming
    better but again they declined fearing it would make them look