Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to achieve an A1 in German.English

• 15-10-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I am doing 8 subjects, and I want to get six A's but I only think I am capable of getting 5 A's: Maths, Chemistry, Accounting, Physics and Maths Applied. I do ordinary Irish so it won't really count. I want to get another A1 in German or English. Would you have any tips for getting an A1 in German apart from learning vocab and grammer unless that's the only way. I don't think I would be able for English because it's a lot different compared to German. For English so far, I've learned off by heart Sylvia Plath essays for each poem and a personal response essay, which are all from English Key Notes. I know people have been saying it's a waste of time but by learning an essay for each poem I can take out words from the essay to respond to a question and if I learn each poet there is a very likely chance that I may get a question from an essay I've learned. Same goes for the play and books. The only problem is Paper 1. My teacher has given our class a few tests on questions from the Leaving Cert and I would always get a 12/15 or 16/20, meaning I would end up getting a B1/B2. So the only option is German.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aki

Okay
    I know this is late and im only a fifth year but you need to sort out the oral. It forms the basis of your written. Then just practice your listening.
    Listen to german news on your way to and from school. Even if you dont uderstand it. It trains your ear!

Just a few tips iv'e accumalated over the year;)

Advertisement