Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smartphone ?

Options
  • 15-10-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

what smartphone should i buy, without breaking the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

You're really going to have to give an idea of what what features you're looking for, bill pay or pre-pay, and what you'd like to spend.

Have a read of the sticky on how to ask for reccomendations at the top of the page and you'll get much netter suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look on adverts.ie and check the features on the phones there you like.
    What do you need on the phone? GPS? Internet? Games? Etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnsgone

You're really going to have to give an idea of what what features you're looking for, bill pay or pre-pay, and what you'd like to spend.

Have a read of the sticky on how to ask for reccomendations at the top of the page and you'll get much netter suggestions.

pre pay, able to open ms office docs email etc, good on the web, good battery and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

Hmmm, a WP7 phone seems to fit the bill as regards opening MS Office documents. A big screen is also advisable if you want to edit documents often.

All smartphones can pretty much open Office files, but using QuickWord on an N8 for example isn't ideal. However, being able to connect a USB key to it and trasfer files is brilliant.

Actually, MS Office isn't suited to a small screen at all at all.

I'd wait to see what Nokia have to offer in a few weeks as regards Windows Phone 7 devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnsgone

thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I need to upgrade my phone (a robust builders type one)
    I dont want to change my bill pay plan, I would only use WiFi to connect to the net either at home or in work
    Recommend any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Advertisement