Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Stone Roses - Live in 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It's not a real reunion without Cressa. :)

when are the Soup Dragons reforming, that's what I want to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so man city are gonna win the European cup this year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

"Money Changes Everything"

618w_stone_roses_career_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I suppose it was inevitable that the mighty Stone Roses would one day need new kitchens.

I don't care about any new material which will inevitably be a letdown. Just get a decent venue and play the fook out of the first two albums and I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Wattle wrote: »
    I suppose it was inevitable that the mighty Stone Roses would one day need new kitchens.

I don't care about any new material which will inevitably be a letdown. Just get a decent venue and play the fook out of the first two albums and I'll be there.

I wonder does any of them have any alimony issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Wow. Never saw this happening, ever. All thats left to reform now are The Smiths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

fúck the smiths! if its a manchester thing ill have oasis back plz! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Please come to Ireland!

Wow. Never saw this happening, ever. All thats left to reform now are The Smiths :)

Never gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Never gonna happen.

After what happened today, never say never.

Will Irish ticketmaster outlets be selling the tickets for Heaton Park on Friday morning?

Melion wrote: »
    After what happened today, never say never.

Will Irish ticketmaster outlets be selling the tickets for Heaton Park on Friday morning?

Morrissey will never play with Joyce again. Never.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Morrissey will never play with Joyce again. Never.

Again, never say never. Just look at the quotes from Brown and Squire for the last 15 years.

Melion wrote: »
    Again, never say never. Just look at the quotes from Brown and Squire for the last 15 years.

I really really don't think it'll happen. It'd be unreal, but it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Delira! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

I did NOT see that coming.

crikey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

nm wrote: »
    Rubbish. Close thread, or else wait, then close thread.

(ill enjoy eating my hat if im wrong)

SorrySeahawksIwaswrong-390x285.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Please come to Ireland!

Any rumours of an irish gig?

jayteecork wrote: »
    Any rumours of an irish gig?

They said that, to them, Ireland was the second most important place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Not worth taking a chance.
    Go to Manchester if you can.
    There is always the risk of it falling apart.

On another note, I never realised Reni was such a thick.

I really really don't think it'll happen. It'd be unreal, but it won't.

3 bands I said would NEVER reform, Pink Floyd, Stone Roses & The Smiths. I'm two thirds of the way to being completely ****ing wrong! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

DominoDub wrote: »
    "Money Changes Everything"

618w_stone_roses_career_12.jpg

Time changes everything ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Saila wrote: »
    Time changes everything ;)

I quite like that song :)

Now we know why the caged bird sings ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

or it could be like the Seahorses album with added mariachi horns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I have to say, I am very excited about this reunion. The intent is there to make a new album so this is not in the normal category of lazy money making comebacks. I always thought Ian Brown was quite creative in his solo stuff, particularly around the area of new sounds, arrangements and sonic enterprise even if his melodies were a little one dimensional. He has a lot to contribute. Squire, it remains to be seen but he is the greatest riff writer I have ever heard and arguably the greatest guitarist ever. I think the pairing is greater than a sum of its parts.

Reni's drumming was way ahead of its time anyway, so not a problem there and well the bass player is the bass player but there were some terrific base lines.

In terms of muse / inspiration, they were anarchists initially so there is plenty to write about presently as I think indicated by that press conference. Lets not forget that Mani and Ian Brown have always been in the business and have been involved in very innovative music xtrmntr unkle etc. as well as modern productions techniques.

Simply, this could be EPIC

Just watched the press conference. Mani was funny, always was. Hardly a dickie bird out of Squire, no surprise there. Interesting contrast between the other 2 though, with Browns "saving the world from U2" stance, and Reni saying his drumming was mostly inspired by Larry Mullen. Reni was very self-deprecating to the point of almost not wanting to do this thing at all, kind of got annoying after a while, I wanted to hear more from the other 3.

Having said all that, I'll definitely hope to see them live in Dublin, which they said was their priority gig after Manchester which is great to hear. Glad that its the 4 of them back together, and not some half-arsed attempt with some Aziz Ibrahim type replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Maximum 40 Characters

It's The Compete Stone Roses i feel sorry for.Made redundant just like that

Squire is still cool as feck tho

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Wattle wrote: »
    Mmm saw them in Feile 95 and the magic was fading fast by then. Not sure if this is a good idea.

Have to agree,saw them in Boston in 1995 in the Avalon they were shocking,totally disinterested.Up till recently John Squire was prolaiming they would never reform.They were relevent in there prime and it helped that they were media darlings,but not anymore.Seems this tour is a retirement fund,which is a little sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cifzz

Saw Ian Brown live about 3 years ago, to be honest I can't say I noticed anything really different about his voice but then again myself and the crowd were signing along so maybe we couldn't hear him properly!

All the same I loved the gig and would love to see the Stone Roses live, good or bad it'll be something to remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hardly a dickie bird out of Squire, no surprise there. .
    Some things never change. Brown used to be equally as quiet as Squire back in the early days. The following interview is almost painful too watch. Fcuk knows how the interviewer got 15 minutes out of it.

Awkward interview part 1

Awkward interview part 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coffeetogo

Cannot wait for this....

Shouts of Slane already but I can't see them having the mass appeal of a Springsteen, U2 or Coldplay who could also be touring.

My personal preference would be for Saturday night of The Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

3 bands I said would NEVER reform, Pink Floyd, Stone Roses & The Smiths. I'm two thirds of the way to being completely ****ing wrong! :pac:

Well Pink Floyd; sporadic appearances together playing a song or two here and there hardly quantifies a full blown reunion. Gilmour has said as much to rule that out after the Live 8 rehearsals.

Delighted the lads got back playing and rehearsing before making any annoucements. They were going announce the reunion the day the riots broke out but they hadn't rehearsed, now that they have I'm delighted there is still some conenction, some feeling of passion and energy between them. Musically can't wait to hear new toons been listening to the same 30 for 15years!! lol

Well Pink Floyd; sporadic appearances together playing a song or two here and there hardly quantifies a full blown reunion. Gilmour has said as much to rule that out after the Live 8 rehearsals.

But it was still a reunion of sorts at Live8, I never really expected it to blossom into anything more. With all the bad feeling and court cases I never thought the 4 original members (minus Barret) would share a stage again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

I have to say, I am very excited about this reunion. The intent is there to make a new album so this is not in the normal category of lazy money making comebacks. I always thought Ian Brown was quite creative in his solo stuff, particularly around the area of new sounds, arrangements and sonic enterprise even if his melodies were a little one dimensional. He has a lot to contribute. Squire, it remains to be seen but he is the greatest riff writer I have ever heard and arguably the greatest guitarist ever. I think the pairing is greater than a sum of its parts.

Reni's drumming was way ahead of its time anyway, so not a problem there and well the bass player is the bass player but there were some terrific base lines.

In terms of muse / inspiration, they were anarchists initially so there is plenty to write about presently as I think indicated by that press conference. Lets not forget that Mani and Ian Brown have always been in the business and have been involved in very innovative music xtrmntr unkle etc. as well as modern productions techniques.

Simply, this could be EPIC

He was also an egomaniac whose self-indugence destroyed what made the band a bit special in the first place. Twat as far as I'm concerned. And don't kid yourself, this is all about the dosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Please for the love of God dont play Slane lads......please!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hope to get a ticket for manchester they go on sale tomorrow and if they come to ireland im there two!! dont know how long it will last, hope they do an album but i think a few years and it will be over for good so get it while its hot!!! :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

So, are they doing it for love or money and does it matter?

Example: I enjoyed seeing The Pixies but with The Pixies you get that awful realisation that they are purely in it for the money and it takes away from the performance IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Please Please Please let me get tickets (even though they will probably play Dublin 14 times, this will make my weekend):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

ticketline isn't working for me but I have the other two websites open and ready!

• Advertisement

Got 2 tickets of http://www.gigsandtours.com

They were all crashing but was lucky enough to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I knew it would be next to impossible but this is just mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got 4 tickets, delighted

‎150,000 tickets sold out in 14 minutes. Third date - Sunday 1st July - goes on sale at 10am...

Where does it say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Battleflag wrote: »
    Got 4 tickets, delighted

Me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I think I'm going to cry. :(

No joy on Sunday tickets either.

How do people do it? Is it pure luck or is there a method to the madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

How do people do it? Is it pure luck or is there a method to the madness?

Luck I guess. Just be prepared to f5.

Just pure luck - they will play Dublin a few times so no need for tears.

Also just booked my hostel - not many rooms left in Manchester already

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Try the link on the left of the Facebook page. Got tickets at 10 to 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement