Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent curry in Perth western Australia

Options
  • 15-10-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I am living in perth the last 6 weeks and finding it hard to find a decent curry like the chinese take aways at home in Ireland.If anyone can help me out here id appreciate it a lot.THANKS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Haven't found one all the time I have been here. The closest for me is a Japanese curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Hmmm thanks I must try it,Im staying in maylands so theres one down the road.Ill let you know what its like.

Just had one in the japanese take away yawara there.. I was pretty impressed it was pretty close to home.nice one mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

For cheap and cheerful try the food court in Joondalup Shopping City. There's a pretty good chicken biriani and veggie curry there. :)

But then again for the last couple of years I've been living in the south west of the England where Indian food tends to be bland to the point of tasting like Heinz baby food. :(

But if you're around there give it a try!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kampung Boy

I have no experience of curries from Chinese restaurants in Ireland, but for the very best Indian food in Perth you should try Mala, just opposite the mosque in Northbridge. Very well priced food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try a curry from an asian shop called "golden curry" , it comes in a block like lumps of chocolate and you mix it in a pot with boiling water , make it nice and thick , its yummy

think i also seen it in coles somewhere before, but its a lot cheaper from the asian mini market

Just so everyone knows I home now and after a year you can't get a good Chinese in Australia..best was a place called ten ten in vic park Perth but pull not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

micko4 wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows I home now and after a year you can't get a good Irish version of Chinese in Australia..

Fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I am living in perth the last 6 weeks and finding it hard to find a decent curry like the chinese take aways at home in Ireland.If anyone can help me out here id appreciate it a lot.THANKS!
    Gosh, I'd be very suspicious of a curry from a Chinese take-away. I mean, curry's not exactly a Chinese thing, is it? It'd be a bit like buying boxty from an Italian restaurant. The main reason Chinese take-aways in Ireland started selling their version of curry is because there was a lack of restaurants and take-aways doing Indian or Thai food.

In Perth, you can get good curries from a fair number of Thai restaurants. If you want Indian curry your choice is a bit more limited, but I'd suggest the International Food Store in East Fremantle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Just so everyone knows I home now and after a year you can't get a good Chinese in Australia..best was a place called ten ten in vic park Perth but pull not that good

Hans Cafe is on a par with most chinese take-aways at home.

Lots of good asian in Northbridge. Viet Hoa for one, way better than any generic chinese in Ireland.

Two Fat indians is an awesome restaurant too, if a little more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

Ah two fat indians is immense, mala in newtown in sydney is nearly as good..one in coogee was decent too but can't remember the name...in adelaide at the moment and can't find a good one :( ....need my fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

The Buddha bar in Subiaco is good value with all curries half price on Mondays and Tuesdays although I have to ask them to make it hot. Chutney Marys is an Indian directly across the road, never tried it but it's pricier.

Advertisement