Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband & TV options in Monaloe Court, Cabinteely

Options
  • 15-10-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

We've newly moved to Dublin, in Monaloe Court, Cabinteely.
    I would like to know the ISP providers in this area.

My major requirements are :
    1. Broadband - my usage will be normal, like mails, social networking, browsing, watching videos from youtube etc, internet banking etc, sometimes need to connect to office network
    2. TV - especially kids channels

I dont need a landline.

Please share any useful information.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 code_tweetie

Hello friends,
    Sad to see none of you have responded.
    Let me know if I need to post more details or anything wrong with the query.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 healz

My folks live very close to you.
    They have UPC and haven't had any problems with it. They've had it for ages. I also live close by Monaloe Court and I have a free-to-air box and an ariel which I get the RTE digital channels and a few English (I rent and the dish & ariel were already mounted, so I decided not to bother with Sky/UPC)
    I'm with Eircom for phone and broadband. The service is really stable, I've had absolutely no issues from them. However, the cost is horrendous. I do have a phone line which I use about 3 times a week, and 8GB Next Gen Broadband. The speeds are coming in about 6 meg down and less than 1 up. If you don't want a landline, don't go with Eircom, because you'll still have line rental.
    A friend of mine bought a place near Cherrywood and they got UPC in. They opted for a landline cos it worked out only a couple of euro extra in the bill for unlimited local & national calls (I'm 99% certain, it was a couple of months back).
    I've heard awful reviews about Vodafone, but then again they may have been unlucky.
    Magnet Broadband is supposed to be amazing, but pricey.

You probably have your broadband sorted by now anyway!

Healz

it will be surely helpful.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Don't live in Dublin, but would highly recommend UPC. Just do an address search on their website to see if you are able to receieve all of their services.

just to give an update & share this with others:
    we tried the following :
    1. ordered vodafone fixed bb - landline + data 40gb/month (38eur), which took more than 15 days, got frustrated with waiting, then cancelled
    2. meanwhile we tried meteor usb mobile broadband (7 day trial) - average signal, good signal near door/windows
    3. then tried vodafone usb mobile broadband - very poor signal, because of this only we decided to cancel fixed broadband order
    4. then tried o2 hotspot mobile broadband - good signal & coverage, but they had plan for 20gb/m only
    5. then tried meteor hotspot 20gb/m for 25eur (12months)+30eur for hotspot device - signal good when kept near door / windows, becos its hotspot that was not a prob

so now we are sticking to meteor hotspot mobile broadband - when we called to change plan to 30gb/month for 18months, they said its unlimited for 25eur/18m contract, which was surprise for us , as we were thinking erlier that we have to buy another sim if we cross 30gb limit, but now 50 gb(though they said unlimited, in meteor myaccount, it shows 50gb monthly limit) will be sufficient for us.

hope somebody uses this info.
    thanks ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lycoge

Hi
    I live in Monaloe Court and we have Vodafone @ home broadband. €52 per month for up to 24mb (but in reality we only get 12mb). That price includes free offpeak vodafone calls from landline.

havent had any issues with them apart from the price.. we were paying €62 per month until last week when they asked us to renew our contract and I stuck to my guns until they offered reduced price... agreed to a 6 month contract (hoping UPC will become available at some point) cross the n11 and its available there but not in our little cul de sac!)

Welcome to the estate! Its a great spot.

Advertisement