Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Dates/Calendar/Anything??

Options
  • 15-10-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anyone know what the story is with the grant or when the first payment is made? It seems in other colleges that the cheques are collected in the college and the dates are posted on the site but nothing on the LIT site and the VEC have said they don't give specific dates..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Theres's a noticeboard on the street that puts them up when they're in - but the best thing to do is just email the county council/VEC and ask when the first instalment is in. LIT will have your number up 3-4 days after the issue date of the cheque, allowing for post and backlog in the office. Most of them started arriving early November when I was there (2007-11).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Razedtothegroun

So the payment is collected in the college? I sent the VEC (South Tipp) an email and they said they didn't have a date. Led me to believe it was kind of random

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well I got mine last year through the Galway VEC. It didn't come until February and it went straight to my bank account. Mine only covered the registration though so I dunno if that makes a difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

In LIT the payment of the Grant depends on the Level of your Course you are doing. Level 7 is paid into your bank account monthly but Level 8 is just paid in THREE instalments by cheque which you collect from the office there. This year the Level 8 from Galway VEC is been paid 1st Nov, 1st Feb and 1st May. Every VEC is different I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

^ There were plenty doing the level 8 with me that received payment into their bank account. County councils are usually cheque, VEC usually bank account, but it can vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thank you for your info. Apologies if mine was incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Absolutely rediculous. Vec grant applied for in mid august, first written comunication from vec recieved today.
    Isnt it time the vec dinosaur was abolished.
    The grants could be administered directly by the colleges/department of education.

Advertisement