Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Found my next frame. http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/06/28/scott-introduces-lightest-addict-sl-yet/

Now if only I could find the cash for it too. 2015 sounds like a good goal to get one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Ay I have encountered the dreaded creaking crank..and I dont have a torque wrench..life is over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Found my next frame. http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/06/28/scott-introduces-lightest-addict-sl-yet/

Now if only I could find the cash for it too. 2015 sounds like a good goal to get one :p

The figure of 39% 'more comfort' is very precise, wonder how they calculated that or did they just pull it out of their arses :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Dan Martin's Tshirt for charity:

BN68U1mCYAA6Hk6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I say we need an event like this in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anyone know if the TDF is covered much on US television. Heading there tomorrow for 2 weeks. Thanks.
    NBC and Versus should show some coverage -not sure how much though, and it could be at odd hours with the time difference!
    Have full coverage on NBCSN with several overly dramatic US presenters and Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen. (7.30am each morning and highlights at 10pm). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I say we need an event like this in Ireland...

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find drunken white trash and a garden hose.

What is that place that you can do repairs on your bike for a 5'er an hour? Or was I dreaming when I saw that :| have some creaking in my bike and could do with some derailleur adjusting...with some help lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zyzz wrote: »
    What is that place that you can do repairs on your bike for a 5'er an hour? Or was I dreaming when I saw that :| have some creaking in my bike and could do with some derailleur adjusting...with some help lol

Rothar probably?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

a3 is hard. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

lennymc wrote: »
    a3 is hard. lol

Too many months swanning round the A4 gruppetto.

Got my face on d'telly. May have been only for .15 of a second but its my .15 seconds of fame

bcmf wrote: »
    Got my face on d'telly. May have been only for .15 of a second but its my .15 seconds of fame

"Girls in your area are looking to chat.."

rough times ey? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Rothar probably?

Yep, it's rothar

"Girls in your area are looking to chat.."

rough times ey? :pac:

Thats at least 2 posts form you that doesnt contain a gif. Runningout of gif's?

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    Thats at least 2 posts form you that doesnt contain a gif. Runningout of gif's?

hdtwC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

whats does everyone do with their old tubes anywhere to recycle them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

manafana wrote: »
    whats does everyone do with their old tubes anywhere to recycle them ?

Snoopy loops!

Sitting here watching Sram Red and Di2 installation videos..

Think my life has hit a new low.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Sitting here watching Sram Red and Di2 installation videos..

Think my life has hit a new low.

:(

I've done the same thing...no idea why :(

• Advertisement

Corsair?
    Seems too bulky up front to be a Corsair. It reminds me of a Wolseley (but I can't recall the different models).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

a3 is hard. lol

Wait 'til A2, or *gulp* A1. :eek:

bcmf wrote:
    Too many months swanning round the A4 gruppetto.

yup :)
    buffalo wrote: »
    Wait 'til A2, or *gulp* A1. :eek:

oh don't worry, I will be waiting :)
    Actually, i heard that a lot of the A3 races towards the end of the year are a3/2/1 races. :eek:

even tho it was hard, I really enjoyed it.

Actually, i heard that a lot of the A3 races towards the end of the year are a3/2/1 races. :eek:

I don't recall that being the case - couple of A3/2 races like the SERC GP and Christy McManus spring to mind. Maybe I just didn't race them last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Bullet bit.

Ordered a Tiagra compact and new 12-28 rear cassette from Wiggle today.

Decided it wasn't worth paying an extra e60 to get the LBS to do the downgrade for me.

Have tools, will fumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Bullet bit.

Ordered a Tiagra compact and new 12-28 rear cassette from Wiggle today.

Decided it wasn't worth paying an extra e60 to get the LBS to do the downgrade for me.

Have tools, will fumble.

It's not difficult. Make sure lockring is secure before applying force to open it.
    Use skewer to secure if your lockring tool allows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My car insurance is up for renewal and I'm gathering quotes for it. The cost has dropped over the years but I still flinch when I look at it and think about what cycling stuff I could buy for the money. And this reminds me that my motor tax is due for renewal before long too and that is even more expensive.

Which all puts me in mind of those idiots you occasionally encounter who inform you that as a cyclist you are not entitled to use the roads because we don't pay "road tax". To such dimwits, go ahead and tell me how your right to the roads is somehow greater than mine because in the imaginary world you've concocted inside your tiny little mind you are apparently the only one that ever has to dip your hand in your pocket. Go on. JUST. SAY. IT.

260634.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

130626-dopage-tour-de-france-mutio.jpg

doozerie wrote: »
    My car insurance is up for renewal and I'm gathering quotes for it. The cost has dropped over the years but I still flinch when I look at it and think about what cycling stuff I could buy for the money. And this reminds me that my motor tax is due for renewal before long too and that is even more expensive.

Which all puts me in mind of those idiots you occasionally encounter who inform you that as a cyclist you are not entitled to use the roads because we don't pay "road tax". To such dimwits, go ahead and tell me how your right to the roads is somehow greater than mine because in the imaginary world you've concocted inside your tiny little mind you are apparently the only one that ever has to dip your hand in your pocket. Go on. JUST. SAY. IT.

260634.jpg

had guy beep me going through churchtown the other day. If anyone knows it it looks like boom site right now nevermind that the cycle paths were poor anyway and i wouldnt use them.

He stopped further up, so i decided i might politely convert someone. Asked him why he had beeped me when i was just using road and going about my business without being dangerous.

Replied that "i should be using the bike lane and i don't need to be on the road" i then replied calmly "the bike lane is out of use not that i would use it as road is safer, you shouldnt beep a cyclist just for using road we all have right to use the roads. And beeping someone as you pass them on tight road could easily panic them and you hit them" to be fair he took it on board and might actually be more careful the next time

manafana wrote: »
    had guy beep me going through churchtown the other day. If anyone knows it it looks like boom site right now nevermind that the cycle paths were poor anyway and i wouldnt use them.

He stopped further up, so i decided i might politely convert someone. Asked him why he had beeped me when i was just using road and going about my business without being dangerous.

Replied that "i should be using the bike lane and i don't need to be on the road" i then replied calmly "the bike lane is out of use not that i would use it as road is safer, you shouldnt beep a cyclist just for using road we all have right to use the roads. And beeping someone as you pass them on tight road could easily panic them and you hit them" to be fair he took it on board and might actually be more careful the next time

I had a guy beep me going down Howth hill while both of us @ 60km/h.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Same thing happened to me there only last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Why is the Sally Gap called the Sally Gap?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Why is the Sally Gap called the Sally Gap?

http://www.logainm.ie/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1454

why didnt you overtake him? :)

why didnt you overtake him? :)

I was in the middle of the road..he beeped and overtook me..

I had planned to catch up and smudge my package all over his window but I'd eaten a chinese an hour beforehand and got a horrible chicken ball and egg fried rice cramp :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Interesting account here of this year's Rás as experienced by one of the IG Sigma riders who crashed heavily and had to abandon. He mentions:
    After being unconscious I came round in the arms of the Race Doctor only for another rider to crash straight into him.

I presume that was RobFowl that bore the brunt of that subsequent collision? As if the job of treating others was not difficult enough the risk of being hurt yourself is obviously significant. In casually wondering how tough a job that really is the danger aspect of it never really occurred to me. Respect to RobFowl!

just got my new a3 number - 3939 - are there really that many A3s? At least its an easy one to remember.

just got my new a3 number - 3939 - are there really that many A3s? At least its an easy one to remember.

Are you sure it's not A3 - 939 ?

But yes, there are nearly a thousand A3s on the island. :)

buffalo wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not A3 - 939 ?

But yes, there are nearly a thousand A3s on the island. :)

what has two thumbs and should read his emails more closely :)

indeed it is a3939. thanks Buffalo.

• Advertisement

what has two thumbs and should read his emails more closely :)

indeed it is a3939. thanks Buffalo.

speaking of a man who would overtake cars at 60kmph :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭Plastik

How long is it acceptable to procrastinate for?

Why do Storck not make frames in 56?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Plastik wrote: »

Depends if its me, or anyone else on the site....I've become the master of procrastination, in almost all aspects of my life!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

doozerie wrote: »
    Interesting account here of this year's Rás as experienced by one of the IG Sigma riders who crashed heavily and had to abandon. He mentions:

I presume that was RobFowl that bore the brunt of that subsequent collision? As if the job of treating others was not difficult enough the risk of being hurt yourself is obviously significant. In casually wondering how tough a job that really is the danger aspect of it never really occurred to me. Respect to RobFowl!

Yep that was me, He wrote of a deep section carbon fibre front wheel hitting me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

At least one more day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

At least one more day.

Mmm, I dunno, I might procrastinate now or I might leave it till tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I had two men in a white can thank me for remaining vigilant during a descent there. They were pretty nice about. It pays to keep an eye over your shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What do they do, 55 and 57 is it? My Storck must have been 55... can't actually remember though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Courier arrives with a small parcel for me this afternoon, which was greeted by rolling eyes from the wife, a few tsks from eldest daughter, and an exasperated "not more bike parts?" from the youngest. But no! It was a pedicure product I'd spotted during a Eurosport add break, as herself was complaining about sore heels. Many abashed looks from my women folk, as I put on the smuggest smile I've worn for some time. Now, what do I need next for the bike.... ;)

smacl wrote: »
    Courier arrives with a small parcel for me this afternoon, which was greeted by rolling eyes from the wife, a few tsks from eldest daughter, and an exasperated "not more bike parts?" from the youngest
    :eek:

Bike related stuff should always be delivered to a work address! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭Plastik

I think I'll make a decision tomorrow. Or the day after.

Storck do their sizings in 55 & 57. The geo is fairly similar to the 56 Planet X in terms of effective top tube etc on some models but theres fairly wild differences in the head tube, 139 for the 55, 162 for the 57 (165 for the Planet X). 57's sold out in a lot of places but a lot of 55's around, but I think they're too small. Even with a long stem the front would be too low and I'd have to go with a positive stem angle ... :eek: ... or a lot of spacers to get the position right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement