Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Early morning drop off is more apt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Zyzz wrote: »
    Be warned I found this awkward as f*ck..

It looks like cycledub runs the red to give out to him??? Or am I missing something on my phone

CramCycle wrote: »
    It looks like cycledub runs the red to give out to him??? Or am I missing something on my phone

Unless there's a filter for left-turning traffic, then you're right.

Unless there's a filter for left-turning traffic, then you're right.

I think there maybe a filter as I think there is a ped crossing to the right. Only just recognised the junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is a left filter on that light, so even though we can't see it in the video, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I laughed when the ads proceeding the main story is for the cycling gear in Lidl.

Stupid headline though. If a criminal is shot in a car or while out walking, he's not called a motorist or walker in the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

detones wrote: »
    Why thank you. I have been eating more.

I speak from experience btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

CramCycle wrote: »

CycleDub doesn't come across too well in that clip either to be fair.

What sort of person posts that on youtube?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.....or is it Oakey Dokey!

Planet X wrote: »

Everything's 16 euro, is it a legit website? The header reads "Welcome to Oakley Sunglasses Google Shop."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

MontyPythonRunAway.jpg

Looks very dodgy tbh. Click on "Why Buy From Us" and it 404s.

Of course it's dodgy.
    Oakley"S" Ireland. Official site is http://ie.oakley.com/
    It's a bit of fun.

It's like buying a Colnagos Frame or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Single repeat exam done today, felt it went well..fingers crossed :)

Now to go for a spin, wit my luck ill probably be knocked down :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

...or shot. :p

I'm going to have to change my LBS and use another further afield. This is the 3rd time he's taken in my bike and said he'd ring me, but not get on to me for days and leave me to keep chasing him up. This time it's just replacing the bearings in a hub, told me he'd find out if he could get the bearings when I dropped the wheel in on Friday, still no word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I think I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I think I'm in trouble.

Good news! Your turn to buy a new bike!

Actually with my finances I'm on the no cycling plan.

• Advertisement

That sucks Mr.Scone!

---

Strava has lead me to believe that if you aren't first you suck at bicycling.

---

Also was a boardsie cycling a steel frame out towards Clontarf earlier? (no helmet lol) Beautiful machine.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Girl steals her own bike back from bike thief.

I think I'm in trouble.

I've tried sanding off the burrs will give it a test spin tomorrow :(

I've tried sanding off the burrs will give it a test spin tomorrow :(

Is that from the new pads you've fitted?

It's from the piece of glass that lodged itself in the new pads the first time i took the bike outside the door.

Yikes, talk about bad luck. Is it deep though? I'd imagine if it's only a few millimetres it mightn't be too bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Looks like I'm gonna miss the rest of the vuelta. I got offered a job this evening, in the line of what I'm qualified to do just without the sheety hours. Money's not great but this is very much compensated by normal working hours and it's in Kilkenny, so I'll actually be up money as I won't be driving to work. I will also be working few Sundays, which means more cycling \o/

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Congratulations Captain! Great news!

Also was a boardsie cycling a steel frame out towards Clontarf earlier? (no helmet lol) Beautiful machine.

More details please.
    Some of that sounds familiar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Protip for today; Gardai are good drivers but they're not infallible.
    Had a shickalony pull in on top of me in the cycle lane without checking his mirrors. I thought about giving him a quick "Hey!", but then decided that if he didn't take kindly to being corrected or if he was having a ****ty morning, he could no doubt find some reason to make my morning ****ty too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Go you Havoc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Great stuff Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Looks like I'm gonna miss the rest of the vuelta. I got offered a job this evening, in the line of what I'm qualified to do just without the sheety hours. Money's not great but this is very much compensated by normal working hours and it's in Kilkenny, so I'll actually be up money as I won't be driving to work. I will also be working few Sundays, which means more cycling \o/

I'm gutted for you captain - the vuelta looks like its gonna be a cracker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

lennymc wrote: »
    I'm gutted for you captain - the vuelta looks like its gonna be a cracker :)

how would you know? :D

More details please.
    Some of that sounds familiar...

Is that my Q for "oh he was a beautiful cyclist and he had legs that looked like they were moulded by Zeus"? :pac:

..blue shorts, can't remember what was on them lol

Is that my Q for "oh he was a beautiful cyclist and he had legs that looked like they were moulded by Zeus"? :pac:

..blue shorts, can't remember what was on them lol

All of that sounds very familiar :)
    I was in the area on a chrome Bianchi Pista, blue shorts and sans lid.
    The Pista is a thing of beauty, surpassing even the beauty of my god-moulded legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The Pista is a thing of beauty, surpassing even the beauty of my god-moulded legs.

I think I drafted you all the way to work yesterday. Thanks!

Raam wrote: »
    I think I drafted you all the way to work yesterday. Thanks!

I had a feeling that might have been you. Was targeting the guy ahead when I heard your freewheel and began to wish I had gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I had a feeling that might have been you. Was targeting the guy ahead when I heard your freewheel and began to wish I had gears.

You were doing a fine speed, certainly I didn't want to overtake you.

• Advertisement

So the good news: Brought the roadbike into Thinkbike in Rathmines and they reckoned the scratches in my rims are purely cosmetic damage so I can keep going on them.

The bad news: I'm still a nervous wimp on descents, did a little confidence building exercise descending the bottom half of Cruagh road a few times but I reckon I might have set an inverse KOM. As I've had a full set of flashbacky, anxious nervous wreckery as a result of an accident in another sport I'm pretty sure this is just my body over reacting and I intend to keep at it until I'm going again.

Other good news, GP4seasons are pretty mega but slow me down, getting a free Rubino from someone, so I reckon it'll be my mission to pick up another for cheap before next summer.

Must of been you then, Ill be sure to say howiya next time! :)

It certainly is that, stunning piece of kit. Apologies for my squeaky handlebars while I was behind ya..I presume it's my bike as I can't pull the old age card :pac:

Must of been you then, Ill be sure to say howiya next time! :)

It certainly is that, stunning piece of kit. Apologies for my squeaky handlebars while I was behind ya..I presume it's my bike as I can't pull the old age card :pac:

Did you pass me in Fairview?

Did you pass me in Fairview?

Yup, a bit after the bridge, white top, Livestrong helmet (lol) :pac:

I like that right hand turn past the park so I tend to kick up the pace if I can catch the lights!

Yup, a bit after the bridge, white top, Livestrong helmet (lol) :pac:

I like that right hand turn past the park so I tend to kick up the pace if I can catch the lights!

And then you went out the coast towards Howth? I got caught at the lights there at the Howth Road/Fairview but was just back on your wheel as we got to my turn-off at the Baldoyle Rd. Quite the pace you were setting.

• Advertisement

And then you went out the coast towards Howth? I got caught at the lights there at the Howth Road/Fairview but was just back on your wheel as we got to my turn-off at the Baldoyle Rd. Quite the pace you were setting.

'twas I :)

I've rarely cycled out towards Howth on anyone's wheel or with someone on mine..all that slipstream going to waste :(

Second place on this segment is my only claim to fame on that route - http://www.strava.com/segments/4051081 (first places looks incredibly dodgy but ah well)

'twas I :)

I've rarely cycled out towards Howth on anyone's wheel or with someone on mine..all that slipstream going to waste :(

Second place on this segment is my only claim to fame on that route - http://www.strava.com/segments/4051081 (first places looks incredibly dodgy but ah well)

1st place on that segment was set during winds that were close to hurricane speeds. I remember checking it out before as it did look dodgy. That particular individual only ever appears to get results in weather from what I can see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looks like a nice descent ;)

6WuLlAhl.jpg

Here for bigger resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

1st place on that segment was set during winds that were close to hurricane speeds. I remember checking it out before as it did look dodgy. That particular individual only ever appears to get results in weather from what I can see :)

So does the guy in 7th :D

(didn't even know the segment existed - honest)

Looks like a nice descent ;)

6WuLlAhl.jpg

Here for bigger resolution.

No one tell Tuschel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement