Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

The wheelset Ive been wanting for many a month has gone up a massive 7 euro.

SUzWkMa.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

Due to family and work committments this week i did my First session on the dreaded Turbo in around 6 months. Must say I enjoyed the suffering. Have Tacx Flow so can use digital display to increase gradient and monitor speed and watts. Did a 25k session with increases in speed or gradient every 4k. Was absolutely b0ll0xed after it and ended up in the foetal position on the floor but managed to recover quite quickly which I'm happy about, must be doing something right ;-)

Lotto Belisol gear came in this morning..looks so good :) Went for XL and its a bit tight but I have a good few pounds to lose lol

If anyone sees a fat looking Andre Greipel be sure to give us a wave :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

So, got a Ritchey DS pro rim that's nicked to bits all around the inside.

What odds would you give me of being able to file away the burrs and save it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyone have any idea where I could get my hands on some 6000 2RS cartridge bearings in Dublin? Preferably northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where I could get my hands on some 6000 2RS cartridge bearings in Dublin? Preferably northside.

Rotate up in Glasnevin Industrial Estate.

136c Slaney Close, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
    +353-1-8305455

ror_74 wrote: »
    Rotate up in Glasnevin Industrial Estate.

136c Slaney Close, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
    +353-1-8305455

Perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

It's still early to call but I'm already quite impressed with these modern wet wound dressings. Soooo much less hassle that I used to have with the old standard approach and also a lot less painful. Just this evening had to change one of the pads and no pain or wound damage whatsoever and it was also the first time I had to change it since Monday morning. Will have to stock up on this stuff before the next racing season starts.

I hope this doesn't count as medical advice. :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Glow in the dark De Rosa. Some winter trainer.

IMG_2125-576x384.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Schools back today, commuting traffic horrific.

I'm going a bit slower, but everyone else is going a lot slower.

I feel happier, despite my personal circumstances having worsened.

Does this make me some kind of a sociopath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Lumen wrote: »

I arrived at the shcool with child on his bike to find maybe 15 bikes belonging to parents parked outside and all the bike racks inside taken, and we were pretty early. So either circumstances have changed for many or cycling really is on the rise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I arrived at the shcool with child on his bike to find maybe 15 bikes belonging to parents parked outside and all the bike racks inside taken, and we were pretty early. So either circumstances have changed for many or cycling really is on the rise.

Wait till the first day of rain for a more realistic view.

CramCycle wrote: »

In fairness a good few, including my own, continue to cycle through most of the winter until it gets icy.

Didn't get DIT in the 2nd round, points didn't drop at all, but I went down to NCI and talked to a few lecturers and saw the campus, so I'm pretty happy.

On the brighter side, I'm being promoted to supervisor this Sunday, I do my training Sunday morning and start that afternoon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I had to stop cycling in to work during the summer cos the summer cyclists kept using my shower and hanging their clothes in my spaces. Bring on the winter.

In fairness a good few, including my own, continue to cycle through most of the winter until it gets icy.

I didn't mean you, I meant to see wether the cycling remains a permanent thing for the newcomers

Good night sweet collar bone..

..and every other bone on his right side :|

Speaking of nasty crashes, did anyone see the crash from the Red Hook Crit a few weeks ago?

Tried to use my Dublin Bikes card as the Leap card for the bus today. Not my finest moment.

• Advertisement

I think this Boards jersey order is just too damn big, PayPal keep freezing the accounts because first they thought I was money laundering, then they thought I was selling stuff and using gift to get away with the fees, and now they're saying I can't be selling goods that I don't have in my possession, even though I'm not selling anything or making any money whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I think this Boards jersey order is just too damn big, PayPal keep freezing the accounts because first they thought I was money laundering, then they thought I was selling stuff and using gift to get away with the fees, and now they're saying I can't be selling goods that I don't have in my possession, even though I'm not selling anything or making any money whatsoever.
    What would the fee per order be if you were officially selling? Could we add it to our orders to cover it?

It's the same fee. At the moment we're doing it as if you were purchasing the jerseys and I've included the paypal fees into the price, because when we were sending the money as a gift before just for collection purposes, they closed the account.

I've been told numerous times by various PayPal employees that it's perfectly fine what we're doing etc, for both methods. But then a day or so later everything gets locked or closed.

I'm thinking about setting up an online shop like BigCartel and doing it that way or something. I genuinely don't know anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm thinking about setting up an online shop like BigCartel and doing it that way
    You're a glutton for punishment!

Don't worry about it Stephen. It's only a few bits of gear. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't matter. I think you've excelled yourself in what you've achieved already. I'd rather spend the day sticking pins in my eyes.

All I wanted was a god damn Boards jersey.

I'm a member over on LFGSS so I've been in touch with the lads who placed their orders in the hope that they'll help me out.

I'd hate to drop the order though, everyone really wants the kit and I'd feel like an awful dick cancelling it on John the supplier, new business and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Sounds like they may have an automated security process thats overriding the customer service reps actions. They might have requested that the account be exempt from this, but its not always that straightforward.

What about a bank draft or postal order ?

• Advertisement

*Boards.ie Money Laundering Crew*

Edit: Now taking donations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

that's a great string of words for the search engines hahaha

So was just tuning up the rear brake on a Rival equipped Boardman when I pulled the lever and heard a snap.

Lever went completely slack and when I pulled the cable out it was rust red all along the inside but not actually visibly broken.

Core snap?

Also, glad that happened on the repair stand and not the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Glow in the dark De Rosa. Some winter trainer.

IMG_2125-576x384.jpg

The possibility of a glow in the dark bike had somehow never before occurred to me. I have serious bike lust and have spent the past ages looking up glow in the dark bikes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

So, what's the longest you guys have had to wait for a parcel from CRC?

I've made 6 orders from them now. My previous five all came within 3 days, but now this sixth one I've been waiting 8 days. It is also my most bulky order to be fair. I was ordering my new multi-tool, but then my finger accidentally slipped and I bought a box of clif bars, a HRM and a new saddle bag. Whoops.

• Advertisement

So, what's the longest you guys have had to wait for a parcel from CRC?

I've made 6 orders from them now. My previous five all came within 3 days, but now this sixth one I've been waiting 8 days. It is also my most bulky order to be fair. I was ordering my new multi-tool, but then my finger accidentally slipped and I bought a box of clif bars, a HRM and a new saddle bag. Whoops.

Waiting a week once, but remember that Monday was a bank holiday in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So was just tuning up the rear brake on a Rival equipped Boardman when I pulled the lever and heard a snap.

Lever went completely slack and when I pulled the cable out it was rust red all along the inside but not actually visibly broken.

Core snap?

Also, glad that happened on the repair stand and not the road!

Did you find the nipple in the lever? Could be the cable pulled out of the nipple or it could be just a clean break across the cable.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Did you find the nipple in the lever? Could be the cable pulled out of the nipple or it could be just a clean break across the cable.

The nipple was in place, the whole cable also stayed intact on the outside (of the inner cable)

Why is it that I can do 80-100km training spins twice a week quite easily but walking 5km to school and back leaves me drenched in sweat and sore of foot. It's walking ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Lumen wrote: »

Yes, it makes you a kind of sociopath, and that's bad. But asking others for their opinion on whether you are one makes you a bad sociopath, and that's good.

...there, glad we've cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Why is it that I can do 80-100km training spins twice a week quite easily but walking 5km to school and back leaves me drenched in sweat and sore of foot. It's walking ffs

From the greatest humour cycling blog:

Some areas of the cyclists body can be slightly overlooked...

Going for a run

Happened to me too, a paypal account with no money in it and then a boards jersey order dumped near 10grand in it over a week.

They will have a resolution process for you. You will possibly (although maybe not) have to have a phone conversation. Eventually you will have to send them a passport photocopy for verification purposes. Worth calling them to resolve as doing it through their resolution online process is tough going.

Happened to me too, a paypal account with no money in it and then a boards jersey order dumped near 10grand in it over a week.

They will have a resolution process for you. You will possibly (although maybe not) have to have a phone conversation. Eventually you will have to send them a passport photocopy for verification purposes. Worth calling them to resolve as doing it through their resolution online process is tough going.

Have had both counts verified by photo ID and proof of address, I think I have it sorted now though, I just need to send them an invoice from the supplier proving that there actually is jerseys being ordered and that they'll be delivered.

If it falls through again though, I'll be sticking my head through a brick wall.

If it falls through again though, I'll be sticking my head through a brick wall.

I completely understand, PITA is an understatement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sitting on the platform in Athlone waiting for my train to Dublin and there's a really odd Cannondale CX bike locked to the railings behind me. Its a XS800. The frame is fairly standard cx fare, small front triangle, longish stays, canti's. But the fecking thing has a headshock.
    Never seen a bike with dropped bars and a shock before.

Not sure if I like it of the massive headtube makes me want to puke.

• Advertisement

Hey this is a perfectly normal spare room right?

20130830_131454.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

No way! There appears to be some sort of furniture in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

anywone know if m70r brake block replacements are still available ? cant seem to find them anywhere (NOT to be confused with M70r2)

269719.png

whats with not been able to get parts for kit from the mid 90's ffs

!!!

Normal yes, but underachieving too, I see space for several more bikes in there and the walls are not yet decorated with many nails from which are to be suspended many bike tools!

anywone know if m70r brake block replacements are still available ? cant seem to find them anywhere (NOT to be confused with M70r2)

I've not seen cantilever brake shoes with replaceable pads before but Bike24 has these Jagwire ones, or these conventional SwissStop ones. Bike24 was the first site I checked as I've found their stock of smaller parts to be good before so their prices for those might or might not be competitive.

doozerie wrote: »
    Normal yes, but underachieving too, I see space for several more bikes in there and the walls are not yet decorated with many nails from which are to be suspended many bike tools!

There are two more bikes outside...single speed mtb and a Sirrus

There are two more bikes outside...single speed mtb and a Sirrus

They are *outside*? The bicycle division of Social Services will be around shortly to take those bikes into care!

I think the first step that needs to be taken, is to stop referring to it as the 'spare room'. From this day forward, it shall be referred to as the bike room.

Get those other bikes inside, and lose the furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I've two tickets for kai humphries in laughter lounge Dublin tonight if anyone wants them.

• Advertisement

doozerie wrote: »
    They are *outside*? The bicycle division of Social Services will be around shortly to take those bikes into care!

Now wait a minute, they may be outside, but they've got so much Wet Lube on them that several German Fetish clubs have already expressed interest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement