If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with panasonic plasma

Options
  • 15-10-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

in dec 08 i bought a panasonic pz81 42 inch plasma

today while watching a football game i saw a green line on the right side of the panel, about 10 cm from the border

i spotted this from 4 meters away

i changed from the satellite signal to the terrestrial signal and it was still there

a quick google search lead me to find that a lot of ppl have this problem, and once a line appears, several others tend to follow soon afterwards

i bought the 5 years warranty from u guys back then, i ve only used the plasma for 3 years at this stage and it only has 4000 hours of life

how would i go about getting this fixed

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi j4vier.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with you screen.

There are two ways we can go about getting this sorted for yourself.

You can call our service agents on 03339000094 then option 2 and this will book it in direct with our agents.

Or if you drop me your details we can book it in for you.

Sometimes it is just as handy to do this yourself as they will need to arrange a day to call and collect the screen from you.

Let me know which you would like to run with.

Again apologies for any hassle that this may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hi dave

what shall i dial from the south?

is it 0044 3339000094 ?

i ll probably be doing it myself on monday morning then

i have the original packaging, will they need it do you know?

also do i need to leave it as it is now for whoever calls over to collect it, to see the problem?

because it is wall mount so it's gonna take me a while to take it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi j4vier.

Sorry yip the number from the South would be 0044 3339000094.

They should not need the packaging as they will bring their own transport case with them.

Unfortunatley the screen will need removed from the wall but not until you get a date for the collection. The service guys will not remove it in case the screen was to get damaged in the process. Sorry.

When the screen is removed from the wall they may well ask to see the fault in action. Is the fault there all the time when the screen is turned on or does it come and go?

If you would like to PM me with your Full name and the address the screen was purchased under I can add notes to your account to keep all the end tied together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi j4vier.

Sorry yip the number from the South would be 0044 3339000094.

They should not need the packaging as they will bring their own transport case with them.

Unfortunatley the screen will need removed from the wall but not until you get a date for the collection. The service guys will not remove it in case the screen was to get damaged in the process. Sorry.

When the screen is removed from the wall they may well ask to see the fault in action. Is the fault there all the time when the screen is turned on or does it come and go?

If you would like to PM me with your Full name and the address the screen was purchased under I can add notes to your account to keep all the end tied together.

pm on the way dave

cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

hi all i have a panasonic th42 its about 2 years old. all was fine untill late last week when i was watching football. thats when i seen red lines ran top to bottom on the middle of screen i tryed removing all imputs hdmi scart rf to no luck any ideas would be nice cheers in advance

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi all i have a panasonic th42 its about 2 years old. all was fine untill late last week when i was watching football. thats when i seen red lines ran top to bottom on the middle of screen i tryed removing all imputs hdmi scart rf to no luck any ideas would be nice cheers in advance

WWW,

Apologies for the delay and the inconvenience - of course sight unseen I cannot properly fault find - but I would fear that the panel is gone on this model and may require replacement - if you bought it from us could you contact me via PM with your details and I'll contact Panasonic on your behalf - we are currently having some issues with Panasonic spares and service as I understand that they are in the process of moving their European spares centre which is delaying some critical spares by several weeks, but again if you did purchase it from us, drop me a line to sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our best for you.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.