Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whites dogfood

• 15-10-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone tried whites dogfood? Been hearing good things about it and ingredients seem very good indeed. Trying to find something more natural/holistic as my JRT can't stomach the main brands. Was thinking of Burns but seems a little pricey.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I am thinking of trying it on my 4 also. It reads well on their website but I would like to hear if anyone here uses it and thinks it's good!

I think it's about €39/€41 for 15kg bag including delivery if you order 2 bags. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

using this food for about a yr now and would not use anything else. coats are brilliant, stomachs are great. its free delivery on 15kgs bags, theres no need to order 2, unless of course you need 2. their senior/lite food is absolutely brilliant. i had tried everythingh to make my girl and nothing worked till i tried this. now on the lamb/rice and all my dogs love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have my two on it, and I think it's great. I can't say it's given them a shiney coat because they're wire-haired, but their poos are great, and they have bags of energy. I've found the customer service top-notch too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

speaking of White dog food.....

what ever happened to white dog pooh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

My vet said its very similar to Arden Grange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have tried the Lamb and rice with my two and it went down well, they'd still be on it if the place I was getting it still stocked it.
    Looking at ordering direct now, they'll send a sample if you ask, I got a sample of the sensitive one and the little dog wasn't keen, but think it was the size of the kibble, its quite big.
    One of my dogs has tried most of the better foods but doesn't do well on any except the Royal canin, whites is quite a bit cheaper(almost half the price) but quality is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

my friend wrote: »
    speaking of White dog food.....

what ever happened to white dog pooh ?

You mean actual white coloured dog poo? When dogs eat too much bone their poo turns white so maybe less people are feeding bones!

Iv been using whites since the start of the summer and I'm happy with it and would recommend it! Poos good, energy good and the coat as good as a wire coat can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gerbio

Been using whites on my dogs. Find it great & was mentioned customer service is great. I got a sample but my dogs werent keen, so I asked the lady on phone if she could send a different one & she sent me samples of the full range. My dogs coats are great, not had any problems with poos & they seem to eat less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

My Lab-Boxer started feeding Whites a few months back after he became a bit picky with other brands. Started him on the Chicken & Rice which went down well but for a change I then tried him on the Lamb & Rice which he devoured. I will be leaving him on the Lamd & Rice for now. The customer service is excellent and with the 15kg bag at €39 including free and fast delivery (2 days max after placing order to my address in Meath.

Highly re-commended :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mark1310

never heard of white dog food , all doe i would reccomend looking at the ingredients such as , whats the first listed ingreadent in the ingredents list . also does it actually say lamb or chicke in the ingredents , and not animal derivitives or by products , and if it actually has more then 4% of meat contant.the law states that dog food manafacutres only have to put in 4% meat contant in to dry dog food so thats all they put in.if its higer then 4% and stated that its actually meat contant in the bag it seems ok again as log as its not full of ceriels and wheats and all other types of fillers , sorry bout the bad spelling im a bit dyslex or how ever you spell it . oh sorry by the way im a pet certifed nutrionist

• Advertisement

For anyone who wants to know, the ingredients look good, wheat free, food in the bag smells nice (for dog food) and my two both liked it and it agreed with both.

Whites Premium Lamb Dog Food Analysis

Typical Analysis
    Protein % 22.00, Oil % 8.00, Fibre % 2.50
    Ash % 8.50, Vitamin A iu/kg 11,250
    Vitamin D3 iu/kg 1,688 Vitamin E iu/kg 92
    Copper iu/kg 15

Plus a full complement of B-vitamins and trace minerals

Ingredients
    Lamb (26%)
    Rice (26%)
    Barley
    Poultry fat
    Sugar beet pulp
    Brewers yeast
    Yucca extract
    Minerals
    Vitamins
    Omega 3

is lamb listed as the first ingredent ?
    also the sorce of the proteen can be very important

Thats straight from the website, just google Whites dog food.

they can say that on the web site but its whats printed on the side of the bag that counts , im working in the pet food industry about 10 years and am pet nutrionest certifed ive just never heard of the brand ,

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Helen1976

mark1310 wrote: »
    they can say that on the web site but its whats printed on the side of the bag that counts , im working in the pet food industry about 10 years and am pet nutrionest certifed ive just never heard of the brand ,

What's the best dog food on the market in your opinion?

@ Mark1310
    Whats on the website is whats on the bag, and the food has been around a few years, although I only tried it recently.

mark1310 wrote: »
    ifyou have been working in the pet food industry for 10 yrs and never heard of them i dont know where you have been. whites has been in uk for a good few yrs and been over here awhile now as well. i have been using them for over a yr now and would not use anything else. they dont advertise, they want to keep the costs down, they prefer been recommended by ppl that use the food. i have gave my dogs, u named it ive bought it and can honestly say my dogs have never done as well on any food. even my dog with a bad tummy, my overweight dog(well she was) and my fussy dog all love whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I tried to get a sample, as my dog's a fussy eater - I sent an email and they called me back - had a nice chat, then.. nothing,, sent another email but they never replied, so I'm afraid I can't comment on the quality of the food...

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I tried to get a sample, as my dog's a fussy eater - I sent an email and they called me back - had a nice chat, then.. nothing,, sent another email but they never replied, so I'm afraid I can't comment on the quality of the food...

who were you talking to? the man or woman? i find their customer service to be 1st class, even to the point that they gave me a 2kg bag of senior/lite free. my girl was just off her target weight and i didnt want to fork out on a big bag, free delivery but have to pay for smaller bags. when i explained this to her she said "give me a few days". next day a bag came by courier, thinking it was sent by mistake i rang straight back up, it happens she sent it as a gesture of good will, never charged a penny. when my girl hit her weight i was also sent samples of all their range to see which my girl liked best. cant fault them at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

who were you talking to? the man or woman? i find their customer service to be 1st class, even to the point that they gave me a 2kg bag of senior/lite free. my girl was just off her target weight and i didnt want to fork out on a big bag, free delivery but have to pay for smaller bags. when i explained this to her she said "give me a few days". next day a bag came by courier, thinking it was sent by mistake i rang straight back up, it happens she sent it as a gesture of good will, never charged a penny. when my girl hit her weight i was also sent samples of all their range to see which my girl liked best. cant fault them at all

It was a man I spoke to - I'd say I just fell through the cracks - it was after a similar thread on here, and I'd say a lot of people got in touch for a sample, as the feedback on the food was very good... might give them one more try, as the chap I spoke to was very pleasant, and seemed to be a dog lover himself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I was going to try Whites but ended up getting Luath 30kg for €80 at the pet expo so once that runs out in the new year think I will try Whites. Should I buy a small bag first to make sure it agrees with them or try the 15kg? Dont know where I can get a small bag locally as it probably costs a lot for delivery of a small bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

It's €3.50 for delivery of a small bag. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My dog is on whites light & sensitive after having a lot of tummy trouble on previous food. We've had no bother at all on this.
    I can't comment on customer service/ delivery etc as I get it in a local pet shop. I don't think they do small bags of the light/ sensitive.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    It was a man I spoke to - I'd say I just fell through the cracks - it was after a similar thread on here, and I'd say a lot of people got in touch for a sample, as the feedback on the food was very good... might give them one more try, as the chap I spoke to was very pleasant, and seemed to be a dog lover himself...
    yeah if you can try and speak to the lady, she is the one that gets things done. the man usually leaves messages for her. i did speak to him once gave him my card details for payments, a couple of days later it still wasnt takin of my card so i rang up, she did it there and then. think shes boss. if ever i need anything i always wait till shes available. also if bargins are to be got she again is the one

littlebug wrote: »
    My dog is on whites light & sensitive after having a lot of tummy trouble on previous food. We've had no bother at all on this.
    I can't comment on customer service/ delivery etc as I get it in a local pet shop. I don't think they do small bags of the light/ sensitive.
    yeah they do, i got it. saying that that was maybe 6 months or so ago. i know they have changes some of their sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cora2

Sorry for intruding, but as some of you seem to buy whites can you tell me what that reward thing is all about. I bought a bag & got an email with a voucher. Dont want to be completely dumb & ask them bout it.

I agree with what you been saying bout the service, I asked for a sample and they emailed saying that the lamb might be better but sent me what I asked for & the lamb. They were right. Lamb was better. They seem to know there stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

cora2 wrote: »
    Sorry for intruding, but as some of you seem to buy whites can you tell me what that reward thing is all about. I bought a bag & got an email with a voucher. Dont want to be completely dumb & ask them bout it.

I agree with what you been saying bout the service, I asked for a sample and they emailed saying that the lamb might be better but sent me what I asked for & the lamb. They were right. Lamb was better. They seem to know there stuff

With the voucher you have two options.

Save up the vouchers and when you have 10 you can redeem for free 15kg bag.

or

Use the voucher to get 10% off the purchase price. Bear in mind when you do this you will not get another voucher as you will not have paid full price.

Hope that helps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cora2

Thanks for that. Might as well save up. Just entered the competition. That harveys point looks well fancy. Knowing me though, couldn't win if i the only person who entered!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gerbio

Its only 8 vouchers you need to get for your free bag, so if you work out the maths your better saving them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

must give this dog food a try when the royal canine runs out

Advertisement