If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiress rear speakers, any suggestions?

Options
  • 15-10-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi there, sorry if this has been covered in previous posts but couldn't see any mention.

I'm looking for a home theatre system upgrade, I currently have a Philips DVD 2.1 all-in-one system which is getting on a bit. I want to upgrade to a blu-ray system, it doesn't have to be an all-in-one. However, I want to return to the realm of full surround sound:) the problem is that my home is very open plan and it is just not possible to lay cable to rear speakers, so MUST be wireless rear speakers.

I have a budget of about €500, any suggestions of products Richersounds carry would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi LazyBear.

Unfortunatley we do not stock any systems that would have wireless rear speakers :(

You could investigate something like this:
    http://www.whathifi.com/blog/music-around-the-house-or-wireless-surround-the-answer-could-be-a-rocketfish

I hope this helps a little.

Should you have any further questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lazybear

Hi LazyBear.

Unfortunatley we do not stock any systems that would have wireless rear speakers :(

You could investigate something like this:
    http://www.whathifi.com/blog/music-around-the-house-or-wireless-surround-the-answer-could-be-a-rocketfish

I hope this helps a little.

Should you have any further questions please let me know.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the supers fast response. Interesting idea, opens up all sorts of possibilities with a full 5.1 or 7.1 system. I'll have to have a good look over your site if I can get my hands on a Rocketfish on my next trip home the the UK.

Bought stuff on a regular basis from Richersounds when I lived I London and Belfast but nothing since my move to Tipperary. So can you confirm for me what I think to be the case that all items on the .co.uk site , or is it just stock from your Belfast shop that can be shipped to an Irish address?

Regards, Lazybear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Lazy.

We can ship most items to you from either site.

The only ones that we don't ship are :

If it states in-store only or
    It says "last few to clear".

The in-store only is usually down to stock availability and we have to try and keep any stock that we get for customers who make the journey to us.

The last few to clear means that these can be clearance models which can be ex display or ex repair. We don't ship these as we usually don't have the packaging and if it's ex display, we cannot let customers see the condition before buying.

I hope this helps but if there is anything that you are looking for, just drop us a post on here and we'll do our best to help.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.