Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One soldier per account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Was BF2 not the same? Doesnt really worry me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheFairy wrote: »

Yeah i think it was, my main issue is i want to change my name but they are enforcing your origin name to be soldier name.
    I tried to use that app to change name you mentioned in the other thread but its not available to us irish :(
    EA have said the only chance to change name is contact support, my experience of their support is the worst ever, i was hoping to bypass the issue by having the ability to create more than oe soldier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TheFairy wrote: »

Not quite, BF2 used a Gamespy account, but you could have multiple soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gamespy account? Jaysus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jim wrote: »
    Gamespy account? Jaysus.

Yup, it was EA accounts for 2142 onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ya were able to have multiple soldiers in 2142 also.
    thats crazy theyre forcing only 1 soldier,
    people will get bored when they unlock everything.
    a new soldier is always a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That sucks for some people, seen some silly Origin names :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah i think it was, my main issue is i want to change my name but they are enforcing your origin name to be soldier name.
    I tried to use that app to change name you mentioned in the other thread but its not available to us irish :(
    EA have said the only chance to change name is contact support, my experience of their support is the worst ever, i was hoping to bypass the issue by having the ability to create more than oe soldier.

I just did it there and it took all of 5 minutes, now have the name i wanted and got games from my old account transfers to the new one and all sorted.

It's done with instant message and is faster than email or waiting on a phone.

Has there been word if there is an equivalent to prestige, did fine with no unlocks back in the day so not that bothered.

Chatted to support and asked for change, their response after i gave my details was

"Thank you for the information. I have to forward your concern to the appropriate department. You will be notified through email about this"

Heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

want a new soldier?

$$$

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Chatted to support and asked for change, their response after i gave my details was

"Thank you for the information. I have to forward your concern to the appropriate department. You will be notified through email about this"

Heard nothing since.

Mine was sorted out there and then, got an email with a chat log later but that was it.

Also was on to them as i had an origin version of ME2 but no Cerberus code, the just activated it for me there and then so no need to enter a new code.

Never had a problem with steam so no idea about the support but EA don't seem to bad, and after some of the DLC for their games being cross-platform i more than likely use origin more often in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

just tried there got the same yarn as Cully

For those that want to change their name,

First create an account with the name you want, if the name you want was not free then you won't get it obviously and it makes things easier when you get on to support as you can try a few out.

Go on to the customer services chat and ask for the persona to be taken from the new account and added to the old one that you currently use, be specific on what name you want and which account you want to keep.

I set both accounts up fully so when they asked i could provide info to prove both were me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

This is just released. Its legit !!! Easy way to change your origin id.

http://battlefieldo.com/origin-id-changer-windows/

Worked for me !! Make sure though that your name only contains alphanumeric characters, with -, and _ allowed too (NOTHING ELSE).

Hazza, fixed at last. Well done Origin

That worked thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lahcen86 wrote: »
    This is just released. Its legit !!! Easy way to change your origin id.

http://battlefieldo.com/origin-id-changer-windows/
    I can't see myself trusting a 3rd party...

Advertisement