Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea food store changes

Options
  • 14-10-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ikea is dropping Swedish food brands (http://www.thelocal.se/36748/20111014/) and other than the (pricy!) Hemlängtan mentioned in this thread, the other shops appear to have disappeared: all the links are broken. Any new and recent suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, I moved this out of the 6 year old thread it brought back.

According to the article Ikea will offer own brands similar to what's on offer today. Probably making more money that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

That's a shame. I avoid supermarkets' own brands whenever possible, with the exception of milk, which tastes pretty much the same whatever the brand.

I prefer to support brands that you can buy in any shop, not just one specific chain.

There was talk about 1-2 years ago about IKEA coming to the Mallow/Michelstown area? Does anyone know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

That's absolutely awful! People go there for the real deal, not some sort of IKEA branded food. It's a little off-putting, to be honest. I do wonder if food sales will be as good when this idea kicks in...

Advertisement