Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms plans for Monasterevin Co Kildare?

Options
  • 15-10-2011 7:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So im with eircom years and still stuck on max speed of 3mb.
    When i was upgraded to 7mb when they offered as a free upgrade my dload speeds were fine but my latency and pings were terrible.
    Im guessing things might still be the same now?

NGB is not available here despite villages 5 K out the road able to get NGB :confused:

The net result is im stuck on 3mb bb and major concerns as to whether im stuck on this speed for much longer.
    I cant chance any other providers as they are basically resold eircom bb so the results will be the same.

Ive heard eircom are planning rolling out fibre next year but fear as with NGB Monasterevin will be left in the dark again.
    Can any of the reps please provide some info on any possible plans for the area?
    I know of many more users in the town and area wondering the exact same thing.

FWIW im less than 500 meters from the exchange

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I understand i posted this over the weekend but is there any news on the matter please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Dcully wrote: »
    So im with eircom years and still stuck on max speed of 3mb.
    When i was upgraded to 7mb when they offered as a free upgrade my dload speeds were fine but my latency and pings were terrible.
    Im guessing things might still be the same now?

NGB is not available here despite villages 5 K out the road able to get NGB :confused:

The net result is im stuck on 3mb bb and major concerns as to whether im stuck on this speed for much longer.
    I cant chance any other providers as they are basically resold eircom bb so the results will be the same.

Ive heard eircom are planning rolling out fibre next year but fear as with NGB Monasterevin will be left in the dark again.
    Can any of the reps please provide some info on any possible plans for the area?
    I know of many more users in the town and area wondering the exact same thing.

FWIW im less than 500 meters from the exchange

Hi Dcully,

I am afraid there is no indication available as yet as to when the Monasterevin exchange in Kildare will be NGB enabled. So I can not state when there may echange or network improvents for that area.

What speeds where you getting when you were on the 7MB package?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dcully,

I am afraid there is no indication available as yet as to when the Monasterevin exchange in Kildare will be NGB enabled. So I can not state when there may echange or network improvents for that area.

What speeds where you getting when you were on the 7MB package?

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for that Mark, whatever about NGB ive given up on that can you confirm anything about next years fibre rollout?
    Looking at the map on the eircom site it shows Monasterevin but going by past history i dont trust it.
    I had hoped someone could shed some light on the topic.

To answer your question about speeds when on 7mb, my download speeds were fine but in game pings were terrible compared to 3mb.
    This was a widespread occurance around the country at the time and there were many threads on the broadband forum about it and people going back to 3mb sorted the issue.
    If i was to try the 7mb again and it proved unsuccessful would there be an issue going back to 3mb?

Thanks for that Mark, whatever about NGB ive given up on that can you confirm anything about next years fibre rollout?
    Looking at the map on the eircom site it shows Monasterevin but going by past history i dont trust it.

To answer your question about speeds when on 7mb, my download speeds were fine but in game pings were terrible compared to 3mb.
    This was a widespread occurance around the country at the time and there were many threads on the broadband forum about it and people going back to 3mb sorted the issue.
    If i was to try the 7mb again and it proved unsuccessful would there be an issue going back to 3mb?

Hi Dcully,

Again I am afraid there is no informaton regarding fibre roll-out for the area as yet.

I will investigate possibly upgrading again with managers in broadband technical support and get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dcully,

We can upgrade you to the the 7MB package again and I will negate the downgrade charge if unsuccesful but you have to accept the charges for the 7MB product for the time-frame you are on that package.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Dcully,

We can upgrade you to the the 7MB package again and I will negate the downgrade charge if but you have to accept the charges for the 7MB product for the time-frame you are on that package.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks again Mark,will the switch to 7mb and back to 3mb [if needed] be swift?
    As in do i have to go through any procedures before going back to 3mb if 7mb is unsuccesful?

Meant to ask whats the difference in cost? and download allowance?

Thanks again Mark,will the switch to 7mb and back to 3mb [if needed] be swift?
    As in do i have to go through any procedures before going back to 3mb if 7mb is unsuccesful?

Meant to ask whats the difference in cost? and download allowance?

Hi Dcully,

I will check this out and be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Sound Mark !

I just did a compare broadband on bonkers.ie and it says 24 mb is available to me from eircom,vodafone and digiweb, im confused now to say the least?

Sound Mark !

I just did a compare broadband on bonkers.ie and it says 24 mb is available to me from eircom,vodafone and digiweb, im confused now to say the least?

Hi Dcully,

Can you PM me with your e-mail address so I can get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement