Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work

Options
  • 15-10-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot but if one doesn't try at all you won't ever know.

I wanted to post this in the the Jobs (looking/offering) thread but it was closed for some reason.

I have a friend from France who was here for an AuPair job for several months. During this time she made lots of friends and really loves Galway and Ireland.
    However, she is in the same position as many other people trying to find a job here. She does have a Bachelor in Business Management from a French University but is really open to any positions. She would like to work in a Hostel or Hotel as a receptionist and being a native french speaker might be really beneficial there and for many other positions.

Her English is great so there will no problems. I would really appreciate it if anyone who knows of a position (part/fulltime) that might be suitable for her could let me know.

As I mentioned before she really would like to stay here but needs to find something in the next few weeks.

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks to everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I think SAP are seeking french-speaking support centre staff at the moment. May not be the angle she's seeking but a jobs a job! Check out cpl recruitment or the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh la la..........

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Maybe put up grinds posters in GMIT or NUIG?

There are language schools in Galway, so check them.

Pretty sure Bioware are looking for people with 2nd languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Longer term maybe she could look into conducting Francophone tours for French speaking tourists to Galway. I know of course this isn't something that would immediately pay the bills, also the issue that it's more of a seasonal thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone. Hopefully she can find something soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jasmee

Hi! I'm a Spanish girl living in Galway, and I want to work as aupair here! I'm here for improve my english and meet new places and new people.

I'm looking for a lovely family, who needs a big sister for his sons. I'm really friendly and I love the kids, I have experiencies taking care kids.
    If you are interested can send me an email: <snip, no mails allowed on boards. Use PM.>
    Thank you very much.

Jasmin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jasmee wrote: »
    friendly and I love the kids,
    "I love children". Saying "I love the kids" will have a completely different meaning. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jasmee

hahahaha, I'm sorry.. do you know... all of spanish people have a bad english... but step by step! I'm here for improve, and thank you for the reply.
    I can't understand why my post is here... I never write nothin in "looking for work".. but doesn't matter.. I'm looking for a family....!!!!!
    if you know about some family, give them my e-mail... <snip, no mail allowed on boards, moderator> thank you very much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone is looking for a fair priced dog walker during the week in Galway. I live near GMIT so people in that area i.e Wellpark, Renmore etc would be preferred.

I'l take any questions. PM me if you are interested.

Also any dog aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone is looking for a fair priced dog walker during the week in Galway. I live near GMIT so people in that area i.e Wellpark, Renmore etc would be preferred.

I'l take any questions. PM me if you are interested.

OK, here's one ?

<Glances at OP's username> Can you walk dogs on water?

Lapin wrote: »
    OK, here's one ?

<Glances at OP's username> Can you walk dogs on water?

I have been known to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have a dog that needs to "walk on water" and then "run away", it's my neighbours dog though, will that be a problem?

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have a dog that needs to "walk on water" and then "run away", it's my neighbours dog though, will that be a problem?

......not if you pay me....:P

Advertisement