Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars for a Date

Options
  • 15-10-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I'm not too familiar with the Dublin scene so I was looking to know if anybody could suggest some bars that might be good for a first date?

It's goin to be an evening on a weekday so probably not a place where there may be students.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

The Bank on Dame street across from Central Bank is a really nice pub, I've often went there on a first date an they always go well...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ely Gastropub in the Docklands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Balfie wrote: »
    The Bank on Dame street across from Central Bank is a really nice pub, I've often went there on a first date an they always go well...

+1. I used to love that place. OP, if its cold, reserve one of the tables next to the fire. Will warm her up and is very romantic. Plus, if there is a dip in conversation, you can stare at the flames and it is not as uncomfortable as staring at the table or at your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Ely Gastropub in the Docklands.

I've been to Ely actually. Great place. Might save that for date two hopefully!
    syklops wrote: »
    +1. I used to love that place. OP, if its cold, reserve one of the tables next to the fire. Will warm her up and is very romantic. Plus, if there is a dip in conversation, you can stare at the flames and it is not as uncomfortable as staring at the table or at your shoes.

That sounds good. The fire part of course not the conversation dip!

phoenix833 wrote: »
    I've been to Ely actually. Great place. Might save that for date two hopefully!

That sounds good. The fire part of course not the conversation dip!
    The Ely in IFSC is good for a more "romantic" date. The Hannover Quay one is good because it's slightly informal.

• Advertisement

The Ely in IFSC is good for a more "romantic" date. The Hannover Quay one is good because it's slightly informal.

Apologies should have specified I've been to Ely HQ. I did consider Ely HQ in fairness but I thought it still might be a bit too formal for a first date.

Maybe not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I always liked Davy Byrne's for a first date. Then again, I just like Davy Byrne's in general!

phoenix833 wrote: »
    Apologies should have specified I've been to Ely HQ. I did consider Ely HQ in fairness but I thought it still might be a bit too formal for a first date.

Maybe not though.
    About 2 years ago (ish) they flipped the 2. ElyHQ became Ely Gastropub and ElyCHQ became Ely Bar & Brasserie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 etcpub

Cafe en seine on Dawson street is nice for a first date, a bit pricy but surely good surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Dakota on South William St or Harrys on the green if you want to go for a nice cocktail or two.

Oh and +1 for Davy Byrnes

• Advertisement

About 2 years ago (ish) they flipped the 2. ElyHQ became Ely Gastropub and ElyCHQ became Ely Bar & Brasserie.

Shows how long it's been since I was out in Dublin. Thanks for the info though.
    Dakota on South William St or Harrys on the green if you want to go for a nice cocktail or two.

Oh and +1 for Davy Byrnes

Friend of mine mentioned Dakota alright. Said it'd be good for a first date.

I'm trying to find all this out and she will probably say I'll meet ya in X at 8! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'd suggest The Stag's Head on Dame Lane, The Lord Edward (upstairs) at Christchurch or The Shakespeare (Hop House) on Parnell St.

Advertisement