Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly fishing query

Options
  • 15-10-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

just got my hands on an 11ft 6/7 rod, and am wondering(assuming not) can i use the line from the 7/8 rod i already have?
    got another reel but not sure what size the line on it is, is there a way of telling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

bayliner wrote: »
    just got my hands on an 11ft 6/7 rod, and am wondering(assuming not) can i use the line from the 7/8 rod i already have?
    got another reel but not sure what size the line on it is, is there a way of telling?

If it's a 7 line it should be fine, and from experience using a slightly heavier line isn't too bad. The best way to find out is give it a shot and see how it feels

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

If it's a 7 line it should be fine, and from experience using a slightly heavier line isn't too bad. The best way to find out is give it a shot and see how it feels
    cheers, yeah hope to give it a lash on wednesday at cloghan lake, but will bring the other rod too:)

Advertisement