Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween costume ideas?

• 15-10-2011 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i am broke so can't buy a good Halloween costume, so does anyone have any good ideas, or any i can make from scratch? much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I got these off the web years ago,funny, I have yet to try one though!! :)

Cereal Killer
    Take a bunch of empty miniature cereal boxes, stick plastic knives in the sides, paint with red paint or nail polish to simulate blood. Pin the boxes all over yourself

Not a Happy Camper
    Wear a camp t-shirt and cargo shorts. Tear holes and burn the edges of the clothes, then attach leaves and sticks, burnt and melted marshmallows and fake bugs to the clothes.

Piece of gum stuck to your shoe
    Dress in all pink and attach a shoe to the top of your head.

Substitute Teacher
    Dress conservatively like a teacher (hair up in a bun, skirt and sweater, glasses on a chain around your neck). Then, stick a paper airplane in the back of your hair, put a note that says "Kick Me" on your back, cover your hands and face with chalk, and put chalk eraser prints on your clothes. Attach staples and paperclips to your clothes, with broken pencils sticking out here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

what anyone over 30 did when they were kids - black bin liner and a false face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭steve_r

sambuka41 wrote: »

Cereal Killer
    Take a bunch of empty miniature cereal boxes, stick plastic knives in the sides, paint with red paint or nail polish to simulate blood. Pin the boxes all over yourself

Not a Happy Camper
    Wear a camp t-shirt and cargo shorts. Tear holes and burn the edges of the clothes, then attach leaves and sticks, burnt and melted marshmallows and fake bugs to the clothes.

Substitute Teacher
    Dress conservatively like a teacher (hair up in a bun, skirt and sweater, glasses on a chain around your neck). Then, stick a paper airplane in the back of your hair, put a note that says "Kick Me" on your back, cover your hands and face with chalk, and put chalk eraser prints on your clothes. Attach staples and paperclips to your clothes, with broken pencils sticking out here and there

great additions!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

I've been agonising for weeks over what to dress up as. Decided today, but can't say yet (the walls have ears!)

I need to get reptile contact lenses. Something that makes my eyes like a snake's, with yellow around. Any idea where I could get such a thing for a fairly affordable price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/contact-lenses/

The Costume Shop also have them, they're freaky!!! I want them all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

Last year I went as kind of a freaky doll like thing. Just got a cheap enough dress in the 2nd hand store done a bit of stitching and stuck a few skulls on the dress. Make up was just black and white, with some zips on my face and neck...Twas tough as it was the first time trying out the zips, but it worked out well..

If you have some old clothes you can use you are soted.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

sambuka41 wrote: »

Cereal Killer

Not a Happy Camper

Substitute Teacher

Terrible ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Terrible ideas!

great contribution to the thread :rolleyes:

This year I got face paint and fake blood, I'm going to experiment a bit with make-up, even if your just dressed as a ghost or a zombie it can be made to look really cool with right make up! :)

A few years ago a friend of mine dressed as terminator, he had a gun, small speaker in his pockets playing the theme tune and carrying a picture asking everyone at the party if they have seen this boy!! It was very easily put together but really cool!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement