Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dental work and pregnancy?

• 15-10-2011 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I am just starting a lot of dental work, I need intensive gum cleaning with a periodontal surgeon which is booked and organised and 3 teeth out under sedation all in preparation for braces which I will have on for 18-24 months. I am also trying to get pregnant and it has never taken long before, so will my getting pregnant affect any of this work? I imagine the sedation will be a no no, anything else I need to think about? Should I defer it all until after the pregnancy? I would rather not but will if I have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

allgirlz wrote: »
    I am just starting a lot of dental work, I need intensive gum cleaning with a periodontal surgeon which is booked and organised and 3 teeth out under sedation all in preparation for braces which I will have on for 18-24 months. I am also trying to get pregnant and it has never taken long before, so will my getting pregnant affect any of this work? I imagine the sedation will be a no no, anything else I need to think about? Should I defer it all until after the pregnancy? I would rather not but will if I have to.

Just the sedation is a no go if you are pregnant.... Orthodontic treatment is also probably best left until the gums are under control too...
    The most important of all is to get the gums sorted with the deep cleaning as gum disease get worse during pregnancy in most women....

Good luck,
    OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Be sure to tell your dentist / dentists about this they need to know. After that basically what OS said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Be sure to tell your dentist / dentists about this they need to know. After that basically what OS said.
    Thanks to you both, I will let them both know next week.

Advertisement