Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wax on wax off :(

• 16-10-2011 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

One for the girlies.

How sore is a bikini line wax???
    I keep wanting to do it but freaking the f%&k out!! :(

(Bear in mind i have been getting my eyebrows done for 12 years and still hate it!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I don't find it sore at all and I've been getting Hollywood waxes done for years. Take two paracetamol 20 mins before your wax and just try to relax! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Personally, I find underarms more painful than the bikini line. In saying that, the bikini line isn't a walk in the park or anything - the first time you get it done it will sting but not to the point of agony but if you have a good beautician you shouldn't be too sore afterwards at all.

If you are really sh!tting it, take two painkillers half an hour before hand and don't go mad the first time - a full Hollywood may be a bit extreme for a bikini wax virgin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Make sure to go to a salon that uses lycon wax, way way less painful and it's longer lasting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The bikini line isn't sore (for me anyway), a hollywood isn't sore either, I've been getting waxed for about two years now and still find my eyebrows the worst.

One thing I will say though, it DO NOT attempt to wax your bikini area yourself. I tried it on two different occasions and on each occasion it was very painful, but when I get it done in a salon, it's not sore at all, just a slight sting, but nothing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I get a Hollywood and while it's not dignified, it's not too sore. It doesn't take too long and it's nothing to worry about. I find epilating more painful, personally.

Make sure you go to someone who knows what they're doing though, somewhere reputable and recommended. I've had two bad waxes, one of which ended in my still having bits of wax stuck to me and the girl in the salon telling me to buy cotton wool and soak it myself to remove it. That was a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I get Hollywood waxes every five weeks or so and still find my eyebrows more painful. In fact, the pain of any bikini wax is absolutely minimal in comparison to my brows :p
    If you're just getting the sides off I promise you that it won't be anywhere near as bad as what you're imagining. The only part of a Hollywood that is uncomfortable is the front parts. The sides are a breeze. You'll be fine and you will LOVE the results :D Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

This is probably gonna sound so stupid but how does it go? Like is underwear on or off? I just have no clue whatsoever :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I think basic bikini-line you leave it on?

I get a hollywood and you take it off. At this stage, I have no shame or embarrassment about it either. Those women see that...area, every single day! And no matter what you've got going on down there, there's always gonna be someone with something more unusual. Its not as painful as you'd expect at all. Hot wax is much less painful than strip wax, and you should always ask which type they're going to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

It really depends on where you get it done and what type of bikini wax you want. For a Hollywood where I go you take everything off but it's really not bad at all. The therapists are so used to it, it's just a job to them and you chat about all sorts of everything. I am not sure about a basic bikini line wax, I imagine that can be done with underwear on but again, I think it depends on where you go. And it isn't a stupid question at all, of course you don't know how it all goes until you try it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I don't really think it hurts at all, it's really fine!

I get myself worked up for ages beforehand and then when I walk out i'm like "What was I worrying about?!"

You'll love the results, you'll get them done all the time after you get it done once!

And for a basic bikini wax, where I got it done, I kept my underwear on but they get you to hold it out of the way! No need to be embarrassed, I know it's easier said than done though! :P

Good luck, and don't be worrying :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement