Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting names to demand a BB tournament at Eirtakon.

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Eirtakon aren't having a BB tournament at this years con because the damand is not there. I'm looking to get a few names going to eirta for AE and MvC3 to just show some support for the FG community and get a BB tournament demanded at Eirta.

Just of a few guys can just put up something saying 'Me want BB at Eirta' or something I dunno, it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Eh sure

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Me want AE and MvC3 at Eirta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PurpleNeptune

Me want BB at Eirta!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I want BB at it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Nothing would make me happier. BB for the con!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

BB...Eirtakon...make it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I agree with some of the others, I'm happy to play w/e is there

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

BB at Eirtakon. You know it makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There's no chance I'm going to Eirtakon if BB isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Aren't you banned from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'd be in favor of a BB tournament myself if they manage to slot one in at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

lol even congoers dont give a **** about bb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

BB at eirta, make it happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

*mod hat on*

I've had communication with the people running Eirtakon about this thread.

I've not read the stuff over on their forums but it's not for me to decide anything that goes on over there.

Their position on this is that Xinkai is taking their responses there out of context and from the tone of the communication I have had I would say this thread is really doing more harm than good with any attempt to get BB played- I would personally say the thread title is not helping.

If people really want BB at this con, I would suggest going over to their forums and following whatever feedback mechanism they have over there.

*modhat off*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

*mod hat on*
    I know the above post was almost as close to a Thread Locked as we get in here, but I wanted to chime in a bit first.

How many of you are seriously planning on going to Eirtakon? If you are going would you really be interested in a BB event?
    Historically at these cons BB gets a massive casuals pressence - anime fans love messing about in it - but once it gets to a tournament event all interest dies outside of the few that post here.

Obviously all the fans of BB want to have the game get more exposure, but forcing it into a slot at Eirtakon at the cost of another game that might make the con more enjoyable for the regular con goers doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

SF4 and Brawl always get massive crowds. MvC3 is more of a spectacle game than BB even at low levels and has a far lower entry level - I'd much rather have that at Eirtakon than BB just for those reasons, despite BB's standing as an 'anime' game.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I will actually be attending, and I do actually want BB on as a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Aren't you banned from there?
    Ooooooh, drama?
    Sairus wrote: »
    Obviously all the fans of BB want to have the game get more exposure, but forcing it into a slot at Eirtakon at the cost of another game that might make the con more enjoyable for the regular con goers doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

SF4 and Brawl always get massive crowds. MvC3 is more of a spectacle game than BB even at low levels and has a far lower entry level - I'd much rather have that at Eirtakon than BB just for those reasons, despite BB's standing as an 'anime' game.
    Although it got smaller numbers than BB at Q-Con, the Naruto fighting game had a lot of interest and loads of excitement around it, even from non-entrants. Given that anime cons aren't the venue for hardcore salty competitive tournaments, something like that would make a lot more sense. I mean, it's not like BB is lacking in other tournaments across Ireland - not every event has to run it!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Eirtakon need to put up some wanted posters with Xinkais face on it :D

I want BB there. Or else I don't really have too much of a reason to go for the price, at least I know I can have a bit more fun with BB casual and BB tourney.

If They have no spot to fill it in, I Wouldn't want to them to take a game out. cause that will ruin it for other people. It would be just :( for me though thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Also, just to point out that just because there won't be a tournament does not mean casuals will not be going on throughout the weekend.
    There will still be plenty of BB to be had at Eirta whether or not there's a tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I do agree that this matter could have been approached better. I've discussed this with a few people, and while some of them would like to see a BB tournament at the convention, they also think it's just going to create negativity between the FG and Convention groups if people are going to be so pushy as to create a petition, instead of the two groups talking it out via IM of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Demanding isn't the way to go about it, but it's helpful to have a list of names that will be at the con and would enter the tournament to show that there is an interest in it for whatever form of approach is taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I take back my support for BB at this tournament due to the underhanded and confrontational nature of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Me too..

Story was told a little differently to me.

I'm happy with AE and MvC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yeh, can't see how trying to force a friendly organisation to host something they can't/don't want is good for FG community.

The idea surely is to meet new peeps and encourage them to our events where we have scope for dictating what's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

As much as I love BB (and I really do) after reading what other people have said thinking more about it, I have to agree that demanding that BB is at Eirtakon might be the wrong way to do this. Echoing what chuey said, I don't have much of a reason to go to Eirtakon if there isn't a BB tourney for the price. But I don't want to kick a game out of its slot if it means the con-goers are the ones who pay, since the con is for them and not the FG community. If we can at least be sure that there will be BB casuals then that is good enough for me, like was said before it's not like BB doesn't get enough love outside the con scene. I am not revoking me support of BB being at Eirtakon I just don't want our community to come out looking like bullies if we push another game out just to get another fighting game in.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Just change the thread name to "petition to have bb at con." I understand where he's comin' from tbh, if he's passionate about a game and other games that other people don't really care about are at the con, you'd want to see your game there. Go for it!

If there's no BB. Time to bring on Bomberman, everyone loves bomberman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yo guys I'm gonna start a petition to drop SF4 at the next Inferno and run an Evil Zone tournament instead, who's in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    Yo guys I'm gonna start a petition to drop SF4 at the next Inferno and run an Evil Zone tournament instead, who's in?

Signed.

:pac:

Advertisement