Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition: mod refusing to delete a quote of my post

Options
  • 16-10-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if I've not followed the procedure correctly.
    I'm following the procedure as I've understood from the diagram.

The Issue:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74944703&postcount=43
    I wish to have a quote of a post which I deleted removed from the thread.

Background:
    I went to great lengths to help a poster in the Nutrition forum, spent hours on several posts.
    The poster neither thanked nor acknowledged my efforts, while acknowledging the efforts of almost every other individual in the thread.
    After I posted that I'd neither received thanks nor acknowledgement and didn't intend to participate again in future, the poster finally acknowledged me and stated that my advice wasn't helpful, merely confusing.
    (I would consider it good manners to give acknowledgement for the effort alone - regardless of how good or bad the advice is, but that's an aside)

The poster is of course fully entitled to that view.
    However, I believe I am equally entitled to have the information I posted removed.

I don't want any further conflict on the issue.
    I simply want a quote of my post deleted.

Action taken:
    I asked the poster who quoted my post to remove the quote.
    I also reported the post in order to ask a moderator to remove the quote of my post.

Outcome:
    The moderator gave me a verbal warning for using the report system and is refusing to remove the quote of my post.
    The verbal warning can stand, I have no problem with that.
    I do however, wish to have the quote of my post removed.

Elevated:
    I have elevated the request to a category mod and started a dispute resolution thread here, as I understand from the procedural diagram.

Suggested Resolution:
    Please remove the quote of my post from the thread.

Also, I am perfectly happy to be perma-banned from that forum if I am out of order, but I want the quote of my post removed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I have been discussing this all day with your mods.
    They have worn me down.
    I have not heard from any competent person on the issue.

The fact that they allowed this, most trivial of issues, to drag on for 2 days and balloon, confirms to me that the simple resolution is to simply never use this forum again.

Therefore I no longer wish to proceed with this request and this help desk request can be closed.

Also, please ban me from the nutrition forum for life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement