Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Golf?

• 16-10-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anyone know what happened to them? Signed up on clubs day but have heard absolutely nothing since. According to the sheet on their table there was meant to be a UCC team qualifying thing a few weeks ago, but no email/text was sent out. Me and a fair few friends are disappointed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

I was wondering the same thing, thought it was just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

That180Guy wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing, thought it was just me

A bit of a disaster if you ask me. If they were struggling to find enough people to run the club then they should have sent out an email, I would gladly have helped out. Instead it seems they just gave up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I'm in third year now. I signed up when I was in first year and didn't hear a thing after that. The next time I saw anything to do with UCC golf was at this year's clubs day. There wasn't any sign up last year.

Don't expect to be contacted anytime soon. It's a disaster really, as there would be good enough crowd interested in it.

An option would be to contact the sports dept. to find out who runs it or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

who's in charge of clubs - is it the PE office? I'd contact them and see what the story is. They may just be disorganised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I thought they only contacted you if your handicap was low enough????

• Advertisement

I thought they only contacted you if your handicap was low enough????

The cut off must have been fairly f**king low then :pac: :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭Deco1983

Opics wrote: »
    The cut off must have been fairly f**king low then :pac: :P

Maybe they saw the playoff for the Trillby Tour a few weeks back and decided that they were looking for someone with a more orthodox swing opics?

Deco1983 wrote: »
    Maybe they saw the playoff for the Trillby Tour a few weeks back and decided that they were looking for someone with a more orthodox swing opics?

*googles Trilby Tour*

I don't get it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

*googles Trilby Tour*

I don't get it?

Trilby Tour is one of the biggest amateur golfing tournaments in the UK

Trilby Tour is one of the biggest amateur golfing tournaments in the UK

Yes, but I don't get why he was saying I was in a playoff and had a weird swing in it :P I guess I'm just missing the joke....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yes, but I don't get why he was saying I was in a playoff and had a weird swing in it :P I guess I'm just missing the joke....

I'm presuming he was joking that you were in the playoff and the guys choosing the UCC golf team didn't like your swing!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

They've sent out emails

That180Guy wrote: »
    They've sent out emails

So much for the outing before Christmas anyway :(

(sorry for bumping old thread)

Advertisement