Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furminator or Mikki?

• 16-10-2011 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wanna buy a shedding tool for my dogs (shortish haired Retriever X & short haired terrier).
    I already have a small Mikki one but wanna buy a bigger one.
    Should I go for a Furminator or a Mikki?
    The 'eject' button on the Furminator looks good but is the tool worth the extra over the Vikki?
    By the way, that Furminator is €64 in my local petshop :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They're always overpriced in pet shops - take a look online on ebay amazon etc eg - http://www.amazon.co.uk/FURminator-Long-Hair-DeShedding-Large/dp/B004WJ0IPM/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1318772440&sr=1-2 if it's that price on amazon you'll get it cheaper elsewhere online.
    I don't use the furminator anymore as i heard they can damage the coat - i use an under coat rake and slicker on my retriever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

I have a medium sized terrier x and have always used a slicker brush. I bought a furminator at pet expo for €20 and have to say I find it much better. My dog wasnt too fond of the slicker but she enjoys the furminator. I saw the same one on an Irish site for €19.99(not sure if Im allowed name it) thats for the small size, large one is 34.99.

Advertisement