Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different types of cartridges

Options
  • 16-10-2011 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Whats the difference between Eley v.i.p game, Eley Maxium and Eley Grand prix cartridges, Just had a look at these cartridges from an online supplier theres 75 cent in the difference between the 3 and they all come in the same shot size, :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

ronn wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Eley v.i.p game, Eley Maxium and Eley Grand prix cartridges, Just had a look at these cartridges from an online supplier theres 75 cent in the difference between the 3 and they all come in the same shot size, :confused:

Check the load weight.

Grand Prix are generally 32 gram.
    Maximum are generally 34 gram.
    VIP are a faster burning powder than the above and use a longer brass neck to reflect this.
    75 cent seems very small difference between a box of any of the above as they are all vastly different cartridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭MC.ISF

ronn wrote: »

V.I.P game have a fibre wad instead of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

MC.ISF wrote: »
    V.I.P game have a fibre wad instead of plastic

So do grand prix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Eley Grand Prix are designed for old english guns that have 2-1/2 inch chambers but can be used in other guns as well.

Eley Maximum are also designed for the traditional old english guns that have 2-1/2 inch chambers but are a more poky load for higher birds.

Eley Vip are also for 2-1/2 inch chambers but will have the most poke of the lot.

I have shot Grand Prix and they kick less than the Vip, never shot the Maximum. There is not a lot of difference in them all three will kill no problem.
    If you own a sxs than I would go Grand Prix as they kick less and are the kindest on an older gun but all 3 can be used in a sxs. Personally I wouldn't put the Maximum through a sxs as they are generally 34g only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Thanks for that folks, Off to the gun smith to stock up for the 1st,:D

happy hunting

• Advertisement
Advertisement