Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow to Wexford?!

Options
  • 16-10-2011 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me on this one. Basically I'm looking to get to Weford town (even Enniscorthy would do) from Carlow town via public transport, but, from what I can see its no easy task! (by train have to go to Dublin, then down to Wexford, cant see anything on Bus Eireann, unless I'm missing something).

I would have thought there would have been a straight, or even semi straight link between Carlow and Wexford? Am I missing something, is there any smaller/private bus companies that do the route?

Ta' :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I don't know about private bus companies but you could go to Wexford via Waterford on BE.
    What you are missing is the fact that public transport in this country is run, in the main, by CIE. Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Bus Eireann site is difficult to navigate at the best of times,you're better off phoning them but afaik there is a bus from Carlow to Rosslare that you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

afaik there is a bus from Carlow to Rosslare that you could use.

I thought that too (via Tullow - Bunclody)... but when I queried their route checker it showed nothing for this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭selana

There is a Dub - Tullow - Rosslare bus, however, I don't know if it goes from Carlow.

If you can get to Waterford, then Wexford or Enniscorthy is trivial to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

zerks wrote: »
    The Bus Eireann site is difficult to navigate at the best of times,you're better off phoning them but afaik there is a bus from Carlow to Rosslare that you could use.

There is no direct bus from Carlow to Wexford. There is a bus that runs Dublin to Rosslare via Tullow but AFAIK it's a once a day job and you still have to get to Tullow. Waterford is the best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No direct link - via Bus Eireann you need to go via Waterford. Just use the "plan your journey" box halfway down on the left of the www.buseireann.ie homepage. Buses at 0905, 1105 and 1520 all do it in a little over 3 hours.

Otherwise, there are two buses a day from Tullow to Enniscorthy (one continues to Rosslare via Wexford, while the other connects into the Dublin-Rosslare bus). Times are here.

Times for the Enniscorthy-Rosslare service are here.

JJ Kavanagh have a local service to Tullow - times here but the connection into the BE service is very poor.

Otherwise a taxi to Tullow?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

I think the Ardcavan bus from Wexford to Maynooth goes through Carlow but on Fridays/Sundays only.

Advertisement