Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Does An ABN Number Take To Come Through?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

I applied online over two weeks ago for an ABN number, still no sign of anything in the post about it, is it the same process as the TFN number or does it take longer? Apply for it and it comes in post to me?
    Should i just go the Tax office about it and see can they shed some light on it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2010jc

Both TFN and ABN took me about 2-3 weeks.
    Check online if you can find your ABN (by searching where the public can search for details about businesses). I found my details and ABN number here about a week before the cert came in the post.
    I also phoned about my TFN and they gave it to me over the phone before the cert came. (My application had been processed and the number had been created so they could give it over the phone). It came in the post just after but it might save you a few days if you are in a hurry for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When I applied for mine, I never got the letter, i rang up a few weeks later and was given my ABN over the phone.

When I did it online witha mate, he was given his at the end of the 20 minutes it took to do it, it came up on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Gonna head to the tax office about it, so what is the process on doing taxes by ABN? where do i get it sorted, all this is new to me.
    Rather my boss done all that for me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Got ABN sorted, so where i go to sort out when time comes to do it? Guy at work told me can do online for it.

Advertisement