Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Card' threads on the Rugby Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Any of the mods planning on explaing their decision?
    justsomebloke has said that the other rugby mods are away and he doesn't have the time and he isn't wiling to allow such a controversial topic with a huge volume of controversial posts that get reported when there isn't mods around.

IMO thats a big sign for me that more mods are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

from what I can see both Ruggiebear and Justsomebloke cave to peer pressure from Munster posters to ban users who criticise their provinces players (much higher proportion of banned users over the years have been Leinster) and have the rugby forum running like a Nazi dictatorship.

Are you having a laugh? RuggieBear has made no effort to hide his Leinster bias in his decision making on the Rugby forum. I remember a case earlier this year where he banned a guy simply because he supported the team playing against Leinster.

When you have moderating like that going unchecked it's time to back the hell out of that forum.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? RuggieBear has made no effort to hide his Leinster bias in his decision making on the Rugby forum. I remember a case earlier this year where he banned a guy simply because he supported the team playing against Leinster.

Kindly support that allegation with some evidence or withdraw it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Zaph wrote: »
    Kindly support that allegation with some evidence or withdraw it.

Yeah, I'll take this one Aidric if you don't mind.

Here RuggieBear elects to ban Leroy Lita for percieved trolling.

Yet here we have Leroy wanting Northampton to win tomorrow, showing that he was following Northampton.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, I'll take this one Aidric if you don't mind.

Here RuggieBear elects to ban Leroy Lita for percieved trolling.

Yet here we have Leroy wanting Northampton to win tomorrow, showing that he was following Northampton.

Fair enough, I agree that the evidence suggests that the ban was unwarranted. I've just checked and Leroy Lita didn't challenge the ban in the DRF, had he done so unless there were other circumstances we're not aware of he could well have had the ban overturned. It is conceivable that Ruggie didn't see that post in what appears to be a fast moving thread, but you'd have to confirm that with him. However I just wanted to ensure that this thread didn't descend to the level where unsubstantiated allegations were being thrown around just because people were annoyed about the current situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

justsomebloke has said that the other rugby mods are away and he doesn't have the time and he isn't wiling to allow such a controversial topic with a huge volume of controversial posts that get reported when there isn't mods around.

IMO thats a big sign for me that more mods are needed.

I think 1 or 2 more mods wouldn't go amiss, since the forum gets very busy around match time. Outside of match days, the forum is pretty quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I enjoy the Rugby forum mostly.

Every forum appreciates constructive feed back but picking on single actions of mods is hardly fair . Remember that there are hundreds of actions taking every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Let's not forget the reprimand he got 2 weeks ago; he went from

to

Very revealing I think. With such inconsistent moderation surely it is time to question the moderating abilities of this user.
    That's a really scummy tactic to take in a feedback thread. Pathetic.

What do you expect from a self-confessed re-reg of a Perma-banned user?

Aidric wrote: »
    No surprise. Typical of the overbearing moderating that exists in the Rugby forum.
    Keep up the good fight Aidric.
    wixfjord wrote: »
    Bull****. It's a fact and relevant to the discussion. I'd like to get the mods take on it himself.
    Seems to lack judgement sense that is obviously needed for a forum as big as the rugby one.
    I don't see how not, his moderating was deemed to be wrong only two weeks ago and here we have another scenario where the majority of the posters think that he was way out of line in this scenario.

It's relevant to this case and I think your objection should be overruled.
    "Deemed to be wrong" - he held his hands up on that one.

Bringing it up again, after he's held his hands up, is a pretty lowlife thing to do.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Fair enough, I agree that the evidence suggests that the ban was unwarranted. I've just checked and Leroy Lita didn't challenge the ban in the DRF, had he done so unless there were other circumstances we're not aware of he could well have had the ban overturned. It is conceivable that Ruggie didn't see that post in what appears to be a fast moving thread, but you'd have to confirm that with him. However I just wanted to ensure that this thread didn't descend to the level where unsubstantiated allegations were being thrown around just because people were annoyed about the current situation.

Thanks Admin, thanks for consulting the Rugby mods for their side of it before making the proclamation here.

The evidence in one post, taken completely out of context.

If you weren't already aware, there is a Rugby Mods Forum where you could have asked about this.

Please de-mod me from Rugby, the "back-up" from the Admins for volunteer mods, especially Rugby mods, especially in the last while, has left a lot to be desired.

And I'm not talking about the justsomebloke incident either. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The shít is being flung here by a fúcking re-reg permaban for fúck sake. A re-reg permaban who does nothing but troll, but the fúcking kid gloves this site has grown in the last two years means he can't just be told to fúck off a second time, oh no, we all have to put up with him.

Disgraceful and shameful that it has come to this, it really is.

Des wrote: »
    What do you expect from a self-confessed re-reg of a Perma-banned user?

Keep up the good fight Aidric.

"Deemed to be wrong" - he held his hands up on that one.

Bringing it up again, after he's held his hands up, is a pretty lowlife thing to do.

Thanks Admin, thanks for consulting the Rugby mods for their side of it before making the proclamation here.

The evidence in one post, taken completely out of context.

If you weren't already aware, there is a Rugby Mods Forum where you could have asked about this.

Please de-mod me from Rugby, the "back-up" from the Admins for volunteer mods, especially Rugby mods, especially in the last while, has left a lot to be desired.

And I'm not talking about the justsomebloke incident either. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The shít is being flung here by a fúcking re-reg permaban for fúck sake. A re-reg permaban who does nothing but troll, but the fúcking kid gloves this site has grown in the last two years means he can't just be told to fúck off a second time, oh no, we all have to put up with him.

Disgraceful and shameful that it has come to this, it really is.

Des, I'm not a re reg of Michelangelo. That was a píss take and to be honest I'm rather surprised that you actually believe it. here you go

Also I resent the fact that you label me a troll. To even have the temerity to accuse me of such a thing is frankly mid blowing.

I've been a very active and decent contributor across many forums on this site and has actively encouraged interaction, witness the football draft.

I know me and you have never seen eye to eye, and I'm not sure why, but let's put it in the past and move on?

Also I'll be sad to see you go from the Rugby Mods, good mods like yourself are hard to find and I always found you fair and polite to a fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I don't see how not, his moderating was deemed to be wrong only two weeks ago and here we have another scenario where the majority of the posters think that he was way out of line in this scenario.

It's relevant to this case and I think your objection should be overruled.

You are the worst kind of troll,a bland,insipid little person.

The Muppet was hounded out of the soccer forum and the day you get your marching orders will be one of the high points of my boards life.

• Advertisement

Stop calling people trolls, it offends the sensibilities of the Admins :rolleyes:

Much better to make the volunteer mods jump through hoops to prove it, just in case an easily rectifiable mistake is made.

If a person is banned by mistake, we can lift the ban, easy.

If we mollycoddle trolls, good mods leave. That is not a good situation.

You are the worst kind of troll,a bland,insipid little person.

The Muppet was hounded out of the soccer forum and the day you get your marching orders will be one of the high points of my boards life.

:confused::confused:

I don't quite know who you are to go making comments about my character. How dare you call me a bland, insipid little person. You know nothing about me and my life. How very dare you.

You may be mod of the gentleman's club, but you sir, are no gentleman.

:confused::confused:

I don't quite know who you are to go making comments about my character. How dare you call me a bland, insipid little person. You know nothing about me and my life. How very dare you.

You may be mod of the gentleman's club, but you sir, are no gentleman.

You see,its responses like this that cement exactly what you are in peoples minds.

The righteous indignation is nothing short of delicious.
    :)

You see,its responses like this that cement exactly what you are in peoples minds.

The righteous indignation is nothing short of delicious.

Righteous indignation? :confused: What are you on about man?

Any of the mods planning on explaing their decision?

If the Admin bothered to ask for an explanation, one would probably be issued.

As it is though, the modding was spot on in this instance.

The discussion about the card wasn't really a discussion at all, it was a bunch of usual suspects taking pops off eahc other, in the absence of a moderator.

When the mod did get a minute to have a look he decided, correctly, to lock the discussion down because he was not available to give it full attention, and there were no other mods around either.

This morning, with mods around, the discussion is again open.

Will we see the thresad descend into a farce like the last one? Nope, we won't, because the sly bastards who ruined the last one when there was no mod around won't post in that fashion in the new one.

If the Admin bothered to ask for an explanation, one would probably be issued.

As it is though, the modding was spot on in this instance.

The discussion about the card wasn't really a discussion at all, it was a bunch of usual suspects taking pops off eahc other, in the absence of a moderator.

When the mod did get a minute to have a look he decided, correctly, to lock the discussion down because he was not available to give it full attention, and there were no other mods around either.

This morning, with mods around, the discussion is again open.

Will we see the thresad descend into a farce like the last one? Nope, we won't, because the sly bastards who ruined the last one when there was no mod around won't post in that fashion in the new one.

In fairness though Des, to say that there were no moderators online during a world cup semi final is absolutely outrageous. One of the biggest matches of the year and not a moderator is sight? That takes the biscuit to be frank. Is it a case that the mods have no interest in the game and they wouldn't watch it or is it that ye are under resourced and need more mods? If its the latter then why not have it sorted before the world cup, I'm sure ye didn't just realise this week ye were short numbers.

If there were no moderators in the soccer forum for the world cup semi final there wouldn rightly be an investigation. The fact of the matter is that one of the biggest talking points in Rugby in years and there is a blanket ban on disucussion of the incident for 36 hours, on a rugby discussion forum. Outrageous in fairness!

What's the point in having a rugby mod forum if ye can't coordinate important times to be online?

In fairness though Des, to say that there were no moderators online during a world cup semi final is absolutely outrageous. One of the biggest matches of the year and not a moderator is sight? That takes the biscuit to be frank.
    You want unpaid, volunteer moderators to be at the beck and call of people like you?

Get a fúcking grip.
    Is it a case that the mods have no interest in the game and they wouldn't watch it or is it that ye are under resourced and need more mods? If its the latter then why not have it sorted before the world cup, I'm sure ye didn't just realise this week ye were short numbers.
    There could be a hundred mods, but if circumstances happen, then there could be no mod online. It happens.

If people can't behave respectfully and post properly, just because there is no mod around, that says more about the quality of the posters than the quality of the moderating.

And you want MORE mods picked from that pool of people.

Are you actually serious s here, or trolling again?
    If there were no moderators in the soccer forum for the world cup semi final there wouldn rightly be an investigation.

Investigation, funny.

Carried out by who?

Chief Inspector Troll McBmaboozling?
    The fact of the matter is that one of the biggest talking points in Rugby in years and there is a blanket ban on disucussion of the incident for 36 hours, on a rugby discussion forum. Outrageous in fairness!
    The only outrageous thing here is the behaviour of posters in the original thread, and your continued trolling and seeming leniency for that trolling from the Admins.
    What's the point in having a rugby mod forum if ye can't coordinate important times to be online?

It's there so we can talk about trolls, like you, and decide what to do.

You want unpaid, volunteer moderators to be at the beck and call of people like you?

Get a fúcking grip.

Des where did I say that? It's the world semi fúcking final Des. Surely you know that many posters will comment on this? Would you leave a Leinster vs Munster game pass by without ensuring at least one mod was online?

There could be a hundred mods, but if circumstances happen, then there could be no mod online. It happens.

If people can't behave respectfully and post properly, just because there is no mod around, that says more about the quality of the posters than the quality of the moderating.

And you want MORE mods picked from that pool of people.

Are you actually serious s here, or trolling again?

Deadly serious.

Some posters are bad posters, that's grand. But like I said WORLD CUP SEMI FINAL. A massive game. How could at least one mod not be online for a game of this nature? Or even the aftermath?

Investigation, funny.

Carried out by who?

Chief Inspector Troll McBmaboozling?

There would be an investigation carried out by the admin team I would assume.
    The only outrageous thing here is the behaviour of posters in the original thread, and your continued trolling and seeming leniency for that trolling from the Admins.

Des you would be well advised to stop calling me a troll. Do the rules of back seat modding go out the window entirely for back seat modding for the feedback forum. You have done nothing but antaganise me Des, and frankly I feel that it is I that is being trolled thanks to your pointed barbs and all round rude demeanour. I used to respect as a mod and more importantly as a poster but you changed man.

Just because someone has an alterior opinion to you doesn't make them a troll but I'm sure that doesn't matter to 'The Ban Hammer Des.'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness though Des, to say that there were no moderators online during a world cup semi final is absolutely outrageous. One of the biggest matches of the year and not a moderator is sight? That takes the biscuit to be frank. Is it a case that the mods have no interest in the game and they wouldn't watch it or is it that ye are under resourced and need more mods? If its the latter then why not have it sorted before the world cup, I'm sure ye didn't just realise this week ye were short numbers.

If there were no moderators in the soccer forum for the world cup semi final there wouldn rightly be an investigation. The fact of the matter is that one of the biggest talking points in Rugby in years and there is a blanket ban on disucussion of the incident for 36 hours, on a rugby discussion forum. Outrageous in fairness!

Maybe the mods were in the pub watching the game? Or at friends houses? Not to mention that it was the weekend, so even if they were there during the match, they might be away for the rest of day.

Are you seriously suggesting mods should draw straws for who has to stay at home and mod the forum for the day? If that were the case on any forum, there definitely wouldn't be enough mods. Nobody would want to be tied down to a volunteer position on an internet forum like that.

I've locked threads before to stop an argument getting out of hand until I had time to deal with it. It's a much better solution than letting it run wild and having to ban numerous posters the next day. Because if the Rugby mods had let that happen yesterday, this Feedback thread would be people complaining that too many people were banned and why didn't the mods act sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

In fairness though Des, to say that there were no moderators online during a world cup semi final is absolutely outrageous.

It's unfortunate - let's not go overboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Maybe they were off watching the game, having a bud.

I think it's there so they can discuss topics on moderation of the the Rugby forum without the prying eyes of general users on Boards.
    Let's not forget the reprimand he got 2 weeks ago; he went from

to

Very revealing I think. With such inconsistent moderation surely it is time to question the moderating abilities of this user.

There was a thread here when he appeared to take an easy approach to moderating, but then acts differently under the advice of admins and which results in another thread here to complain when he takes an action that appears to be too heavy handed?

This seems awfully critical of the guy himself, more so than constructive in regards to what the actual issue is. Which seems to be identifying a point where moderation is required as it appears to have been either missed or hit too hard by him on 2 occasions within the last two weeks. To me, this does not put his ability to moderate in question, but more so what the forum requires of a moderator.

The game was at half 9 on a Saturday morning.The mods on this site have lives outside of boards.You know absolutely nothing about the ins and outs of modding yet here you are calling for people to be demodded just to placate you.

It was a big game,so fúcking what.Real life stuff comes up,it cant be helped.

You know whats the worst thing about modding?

Having to deal with shyte like this from people like you.

Just because you spend most of your waking life on this site doesnt mean that everyone else does.

FYI Rugby Mods.

I'll be taking my lunch from 12.30 to 1 this afternoon, and won't be at my desk. So I won't have access to moderate the forum.

:rolleyes:

The game was at half 9 on a Saturday morning.The mods on this site have lives outside of boards.You know absolutely nothing about the ins and outs of modding yet here you are calling for people to be demodded just to placate you.

It was a big game,so fúcking what.Real life stuff comes up,it cant be helped.

You know whats the worst thing about modding?

Having to deal with shyte like this from people like you.

Just because you spend most of your waking life on this site doesnt mean that everyone else does.

Good man, making it personal once again, well done. :rolleyes:

It's a massive game and of course there is going to be controversy and a need for moderators. That in itself is fairly excuseable.

What is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned is how no moderator was able to deal with it for another 36 hours, one of the biggest talking points inworld rugby history and no mod around for 36 hours? Unbelieveble.

If mods can't give the job the time it needs then why take it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Des you would be well advised to stop calling me a troll. Do the rules of back seat modding go out the window entirely for back seat modding for the feedback forum. You have done nothing but antaganise me Des, and frankly I feel that it is I that is being trolled thanks to your pointed barbs and all round rude demeanour. I used to respect as a mod and more importantly as a poster but you changed man.

Just because someone has an alterior opinion to you doesn't make them a troll but I'm sure that doesn't matter to 'The Ban Hammer Des.'

I really wish you weren't arguing from the same corner as some others here. There's no chance of getting some adjustment with your antagonistic, spoiling and non-persausive manner.

Good man, making it personal once again, well done. :rolleyes:

It's a massive game and of course there is going to be controversy and a need for moderators. That in itself is fairly excuseable.

What is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned is how no moderator was able to deal with it for another 36 hours, one of the biggest talking points inworld rugby history and no mod around for 36 hours? Unbelieveble.

If mods can't give the job the time it needs then why take it on?

Making it personal or making a valid point?Its not my fault that you are a disgust.

Like I said,sometimes life gets in the way.The mods on here have wives/husbands/kids/jobs/commitments so on occasion its just not possible to be online.It does happen.

The most loltastic thing about threads like this is that they are always started by people with multiple infractions.The users that dont get carded rarely/never start whinging threads about the moderation because they arent assholes and have a bit of cop on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I am closing this thread to be reviewed before it gets any worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement