Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast fry in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Where in Dublin can you get the best full Irish?
    The full package with hash browns, mushrooms, bacon, beans in tomato sauce, ...
    Share your opinion :)

Cheerz,

etcpub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Lovin' Spoon on North Frederick Street is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 etcpub

Do they serve it all day long? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

etcpub wrote: »
    Hi,

Where in Dublin can you get the best full Irish?
    The full package with hash browns, mushrooms, bacon, beans in tomato sauce, ...
    Share your opinion :)

Cheerz,

etcpub

Beans make it a Full English.;)

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Beans make it a Full English.;)

Have to agree on that one and apologize, bad habits... ;)
    A pub offering a good breakfast would be even better, always nice to have breakfast with a pint :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

My house on Sunday mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Ikea

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Heart Attack Food..... OR.......porridge milk n sugar 2 cuts bread and a big mug a tae. Trad. irish b'fast only a tourist.....nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kingfisher on parnell street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

paddyandy wrote: »
    Heart Attack Food..... OR.......porridge milk n sugar 2 cuts bread and a big mug a tae. Trad. irish b'fast only a tourist.....nonsense.

:confused:

I take it you've never had a hangover then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Ikea food is tops - didnt know they did breakfast though? Never been there that early . . . .

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St is my favourite - freshly cooked and cheapest/best value i have ever seen

Viola on baggot st is v good also

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Ikea do Irish breakfast every morning, but I think only until 11 or 12.

kingfisher on parnell street

Tried that this morning, and it was really disgusting... So not for me anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Bridge Street Cafe in Ringsend.....mmmmmmmm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Here's a top 5:
    http://www.ireland.com/food/restaurants/features/the-best-breakfast-in-dublin/621102

Would probably have Canal Bank Cafe in there too, and Bewleys isn't great.

Bewleys is awful. Used to be good years ago, but went far far downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

+1

Haven't been there in a couple of years, but the breakfasts were lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Bewleys is awful. Used to be good years ago, but went far far downhill.

Sh'ite isn't it? I was really disappointed with it!

Anns Bakery on Henry St is pretty good. I'm a big fan of their prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The Hairy lemon do an all day breakfast, its great value and the service I have found to be great aswell and if you can fit it in their bread and butter pudding is the best I have had.

The Hairy lemon do an all day breakfast, its great value and the service I have found to be great aswell and if you can fit it in their bread and butter pudding go for it! It is the best I have had. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Hairy lemon do an all day breakfast, its great value and the service I have found to be great aswell and if you can fit it in their bread and butter pudding go for it! It is the best I have had. :)

Hairy Lemon and great value do not go together, what is the price for the breakfast?

Hairy Lemon and great value do not go together, what is the price for the breakfast?

In or around the 10e mark which you would pay in most places for a full Irish and you get a lot more than you would in other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In or around the 10e mark which you would pay in most places for a full Irish and you get a lot more than you would in other places.

10 is too much.

Loads of places do a great fry for 7.95 and you can get coffee/tea with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

Paid a visit to the Loving Spoonful during the week for breakfast. It was big, good and was served up in less than 2 minutes (which was quite confusing)....but it wasn't fantastic. Sausages were fairly low grade as was the pudding. Although the rashers were nice and meaty and there was plenty of beans and mushrooms.
    Good atmosphere, relaxed and seemed to have a lot of regular customers. Would recommend it, but wouldn't go raving about it. Haven't been to the hairy lemon for brekkie in a good while, oh well, I guess I'll just have to pop in during the week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I got quite a decent small fry - 2 poached eggs, 2 sausages, toast & coffee in Pacino's on Suffolk Street for 5.95 last week.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

There is nothing but Grease & Egg and salt more an idea about it all.The traditional Irish breakfast is more a fancy notion for tourists....the fare was much more modest years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Montos Cafe Sundrive Road,is where I frequent mostly nowadays.
    I used to go to Matt the Rashers a few doors down but Montos have clearly taken over for me,their food is way nicer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There is nothing but Grease & Egg and salt more an idea about it all.The traditional Irish breakfast is more a fancy notion for tourists....the fare was much more modest years ago.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Was looking for a decent fry myself recently. lovin spoon is near enough to me, though the place is tiny so i was put off it. might give it a go this weekend so :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Kylemore in Liffey Valley, €9 with tea/coffee and jaysus I couldn't eat for the rest of the day, was stuffed:D

Advertisement