Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ios5 disaster, fecked up philips ipod/iphone tower

• 16-10-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

upgraded iphone to IOS 5 and now my philips tower dock will not play the iphone properly, if i put the iphone in the cradle sound plays through the phone speaker, and cuts out every now and then as it appears that the dock is trying to recognise the phone..

looks like i am not the only one http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2733-DCM580-12-Iphone-4-IOS5 if you have a dock, think carefully before upgrading!

is it possible to revert to ios 4.3.5?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I have the same problem with the Philips DC570 tower.
    Nitemare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

is there any way that we can easily revert to 4.3.5?

LH2011 wrote: »
    is there any way that we can easily revert to 4.3.5?

I did a reboot and it worked by pressing power and home button together until apple logo shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wft? That shouldn't work.
    Pressing home and power until Apple logo shows just reboots the phone (and reconstitutes the ios), it doesn't revert it to a previous version.

Afaik, you can downgrade but it's not an easy process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

iggy wrote: »
    I did a reboot and it worked by pressing power and home button together until apple logo shows
    I'm assuming you mean that the reboot corrected the issue in relation to playing the iphone on the music system....'cause it sure as hell didn't allow you to step back to a previous FW version.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    I'm assuming you mean that the reboot corrected the issue in relation to playing the iphone on the music system....'cause it sure as hell didn't allow you to step back to a previous FW version.

Yea sorry I quoted the wrong text lol

I just rebooted the iPod and it then worked on the tower

had already tried the hard reset on the iphone, no joy, the philips dock still does not recognise the phone.

:mad:

big thread over on the philips support forum http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2733-DCM580-12-Iphone-4-IOS5/page3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

oopsssssssssssssssss :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I would think this is of huge concern to all. Maybe a moderator should/could sticky your thread to keep it on the front page?

I posted overcon the richersounds section.
    See here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056423843
    My iPod worked after reboot but I am now releuctant to update my iPhone to IOS5

• Advertisement

good news

a firmware update has been released that addresses the ios 5 issues on the philips DCM580/12, its on the link above, where you can download.

unfortunately, the DCM580/05 is still pending the firmware release but should be out soon.

happy days!

firmware update for ios 5 for Philips DCM580/05 tower dock in the link below
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?mid=Link_Software&scy=IE&session=20111028194752_86.41.152.43&ctn=DCM580/05&slg=ENG&dct=FUS&did=ENG&reldct=FIN&file=/files/d/dcm580_05/dcm580_05_fin_eng.pdf#toolbar=0&zoom=100

format a usb pen as fat32, then only extract the file in the zip to the root of the pen.

follow instructions in link...

my dcm580/05 is working like a charm now with ios5 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

Had a problem with my tower, young lad knocked off the ipod and when i put it back on the system, the ipod did not recognise. if i just tilt the ipod forward a little it plays, so the only way to get it to play is to put something behind the ipod to keep it leaning forward!!

Ay ideas what is wrong. did i bend the socket on tower or ipod, even though the ipod is suppose to lean backwards and play,cant seem to get a connection right??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arc_irish

This worked! Thank you all so much. I had lost belief in my tower (DCM 580/05). The firmware upgrade was so simple. Joe Bonamassa now blaring at volume 20!

Advertisement