Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds employee attacks two customers who jump counter, charged with felony

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cianos wrote: »
    He went totally overboard, even picking up that metal bar. A couple of girls being a bit loud, and you with all your coworkers there? Yeah they jumped the counter but no need to start cracking jaws.

Yeah, because these loud girls were only jumping to the counter to give him a hug :rolleyes:

They we're obviously going to attack him, he used self defense (or a bar) to sort those two fools out. Deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

ch750536 wrote: »
    Only a numpty would want to offend themselves. Or maybe I offended myself last night...
    Yeah that came out wrong didn't it?:D My point is self defence is not without limitation. It turned into assault from what I can see. Where's Jack McCoy when ya need him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'd of ****ed scalding oil over the hoers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

He did miss a perfect opportunity for a killer one liner

After the final blow he should have said

"you want fries with that?"

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Catch me on a bad day and I would love to hammer a couple of scroates like that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You sure its not Supermac's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Lapin wrote: »

omg if your right it totally changes the story, events and outcome! :p

He did go to far but I honestly dont think anyone could blame him giving out what was more than deserved!

If you are gonna go into a workplace and harass an employee, then proceed to assault him and look for further confrontation after he walks away (granted he through a few) then you deserve to have your ass handed to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

he was probably enraged more by that annoying one screeching "STOPPP ITTTTTTTTT!"

hard one to call without seeing whats going on the other side of the counter, the two of them could have been kicking him or trying to attack him further from the ground. definitely justified in defending himself but it did look to go a bit far if they were laying out defenceless and he was just pounding away on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Employee went OTT went way beyond self defence and deserves punishment - as do the counter jumpers of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Self defence. I wouldnt convict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

"Oh my gaaaawwwd! Staawwwpp! Someone call the caawwwps!"

Lapin wrote: »
    Nah if it was Supermacs in all probability it would be the staff member abusing the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Yakult wrote: »
    Yeah, because these loud girls were only jumping to the counter to give him a hug :rolleyes:

They we're obviously going to attack him, he used self defense (or a bar) to sort those two fools out. Deserved.

There's that delicious moment when the two counter jumpers think they're onto a good slap and whinge, just before 'whippy' makes an appearance. There's that tenth of a second, 'oh.. sh_t' pause.

I have some sympathy for the cashier..

Amazing how just under the surface various tensions are.. in certain sectors in the US, Asians and African Americans don't have much time for each other.

Yakult wrote: »

But they didn't. Any lawyer worth his salt would have argued that threatening behaviour doesn't constitute an act of violence and he'd be right. His defence wouldn't have been able to prove they were going to do anything.

Personally I think he should have gone in for a penny in for a pound and thrown in a couple of kicks but from a legal point of view he didn't have a leg to stand on. Even a Cop isn't allowed put a hand on you until you've committed a physical act of aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

MyKeyG wrote: »
    But they didn't. Any lawyer worth his salt would have argued that threatening behaviour doesn't constitute an act of violence and he'd be right. His defence wouldn't have been able to prove they were going to do anything.

Look at 25 seconds on the video, one of them quite obviously hits him first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

He gets slapped in the face at 25 seconds and then walks away. Wtf do you think they jumped the counter for? To continue their assault on someone.

All is fair in love and war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Tomtata wrote: »
    Yes justified - self defence - two people jumped the counter to attack her - she retaliate.

If it wasnt for the actions on the two people who jumped the counter nothing would have happened.

Don't you mean the girls jumped the counter to attack the cashier and the cashier DEFENDED themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 thisiswar

Anyone who think the McDonalds employee was in the wrong is a f*cking Idiot.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Look at 25 seconds on the video, one of them quite obviously hits him first.
    Ah right. I switched the view to youtube because I couldn't see it clearly. She does give him a right good slap in the gob. Still not sure if the reaction fits within the definition of self defence.

It doesn't help that the employee was released from a ten year stretch 7 months prior for shooting a 17 year old dead.

He's obviously a violent man. Even at one stage one of his colleagues seem to flinch as if he made to attack him. I suppose you have to give him credit for backing off in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Deserved what they got. F#ck them.

thisiswar wrote: »
    That's not the argument. He was in the right to defend himself but that he went too far is the debate. I think he went too far. He could have killed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I don't know about that. AIUI, in Irish law at least, making somebody fear that they are about to be assaulted is assault. So if a knacker fakes to hit you while you are walking down the street (as they do now and then, 'cos it's hilarious), you are within your rights to deck them in self defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

thisiswar wrote: »

No anyone who can't see that he went too far is a f*cking idiot

I don't know about that. AIUI, in Irish law at least, making somebody fear that they are about to be assaulted is assault. So if a knacker fakes to hit you while you are walking down the street (as they do now and then, 'cos it's hilarious), you are within your rights to deck them in self defence.
    Yes but if you proceeded to beat them repeatedly so that you caused fractures to their skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Scumbags got exactly what they deserved. Death is too good for em. Should have left em quadrapelegic. Lets see them start **** then.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

I'm on the employees side, but I wish he held back a bit. If only to protect himself from a lawsuit/assault charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fair play to him, those two thought the where all big and dangerous until bamb he goes bats**t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

His boss is a clown!...:pac:

Advertisement