Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veterinry nurse wanting to go on and do veterinry

• 16-10-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

basically i am almost finished a degree in veterinary nursing in ireland and i really really really wantt to go on and do veterinary when i am finished. i dont know how to go about this because i didnt make any where near the grades in my leaving cert and am not old enough to apply as a mature student. i was hoping you guys could give me some options, im willing to go abroad if this is what it will take as i dont think i could ever settle for any other career. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

veterinary

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Hi
    If you have completed veterinary nursing at Athlone the site says - Graduates of this programme have been successful in gaining entry to the five-year veterinary programme in Budapest, Hungary.

Not sure if this only applies to the Athlone degree or any vet nursing degree in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭rob w

Is there an option to get in through advanced entry, because your degree would probably help you get in without your leaving cert??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

There is no mature entry to vet med, however you can apply for graduate entry To UCD so long as your VN degree is an honours one (ie, level 8) or you have a level 8 in some other subject. You also have to sit the GAMSAT and get a decent score on that (see the GAMSAT and GEM sub forum over the Health Sciences education bit on here) to stand a chance of being admitted.
    If you are considering applying for entry next year, youd need to begin the process ASAP.

Advertisement