Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will The Staff In eMOBILE Shops Deal with Technical Queries?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Probably like a lot of people I am thinking of switching over to eMobile as their bill pay plans are a lot cheaper than my current provider.

The thing is I am fairly wary of the bad reports I have read about eMobiles Customer support. I have had pretty good experiences with Vodafone and O2 in the past and I value that kind of service.

My questions are:

1. At this stage is eMobile still too new a company that is struggling to get it's organisation and systems sorted out?

2. Are the staff in the eMobile shops available to answer technical queries from customers who call into their shop?

I walk past an eMobile shop every day so I wouldn't mind having to call in as opposed to ringing telephone support if my query could be answered.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi Strongback,

Hopefully I can be of some assistance to you here.

If you choose to you can go in store and the guys in there will be more than happy to assist you as regards any issues you may encounter. You also have the following avenues available to you to contact us:

• Online here on Boards
    • Over on our forums at http://letstalk.emobile.ie/
    • You can email our customer care team through our contact form here: http://www.emobile.ie/contact/
    • You can also call our customer care team on 1800 690 000
    • and lastly if you need to send a letter you can do so by contacting us at eMobile, 1 Heuston South Quarter
      St John's Road, Dublin 8.
    All of our organisational structures and systems are fully rolled out and while there has been an increase in call volumes lately we are working to resolve this and should get it sorted shortly.

If you need anything else in the meantime I'm available on here from Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Hi Strongback,

Hopefully I can be of some assistance to you here.

If you choose to you can go in store and the guys in there will be more than happy to assist you as regards any issues you may encounter. You also have the following avenues available to you to contact us:

• Online here on Boards
    • Over on our forums at http://letstalk.emobile.ie/
    • You can email our customer care team through our contact form here: http://www.emobile.ie/contact/
    • You can also call our customer care team on 1800 690 000
    • and lastly if you need to send a letter you can do so by contacting us at eMobile, 1 Heuston South Quarter
      St John's Road, Dublin 8.
    All of our organisational structures and systems are fully rolled out and while there has been an increase in call volumes lately we are working to resolve this and should get it sorted shortly.

If you need anything else in the meantime I'm available on here from Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Thanks for the response Steve.

Can the guys in the shop deal with technical queries that seem to arise when setting up a smart phone?

Also there were some issues receiving texts from UK. I think eMobile blamed this on the UK phone companies. Has this been ironed out now?

I'm sure you are well aware of reputation of the telephone support but this wouldn't be an issue for me if the shops have as much technical expertise as the people manning the phones.

strongback wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Steve.

Can the guys in the shop deal with technical queries that seem to arise when setting up a smart phone?

Also there were some issues receiving texts from UK. I think eMobile blamed this on the UK phone companies. Has this been ironed out now?

I'm sure you are well aware of reputation of the telephone support but this wouldn't be an issue for me if the shops have as much technical expertise as the people manning the phones.

Hi Strongback,

The guys in store will be more than able to assist you with any technical issues that you may encounter with your phone.

What issues did you have as regards receiving texts from the UK?

Thanks,

Steven

Thanks again Steve. I'm going to go with eMobile. If everything runs smoothly you'll never hear from me again. ;)

I was looking at changing to eMobile 6 or 7 months ago and I remember reading forums where people were saying they were not receiving texts from the UK. eMobile's response was that some UK networks had not set themselves up to communicate texts with eMobile. eMobile were telling customers to ring Vodafone UK to ask for this to be resolved. It sounded a bit silly to me.

Steve, just one more question.

There is currently an offer of 3 months free for new customers to eMobile.

Today I called the eMobile for Business sales team and they said the 3 months free offer is not available to new business customers. (this now means business customers pay more).

I was intending to become a business customer as my companies landlines are with Eircom and I would qualify for a discount on eMobile subscriptions.

Would it be possible for you to check if I can become a regular eMobile customer and avail of the free 3 months while also using my Eircom business account to qualify for the Eircom discount? My name is on my Eircom business account.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Steve, just one more question.

There is currently an offer of 3 months free for new customers to eMobile.

Today I called the eMobile for Business sales team and they said the 3 months free offer is not available to new business customers. (this now means business customers pay more).

I was intending to become a business customer as my companies landlines are with Eircom and I would qualify for a discount on eMobile subscriptions.

Would it be possible for you to check if I can become a regular eMobile customer and avail of the free 3 months while also using my Eircom business account to qualify for the Eircom discount? My name is on my Eircom business account.

Thanks for your help.

How phones we're you looking to get under the proposed business contract? If it was just the one, I could not forsee any problem with you signing up under a personal a/c with ourselves.

-Steve

How phones we're you looking to get under the proposed business contract? If it was just the one, I could not forsee any problem with you signing up under a personal a/c with ourselves.

-Steve

Thanks, I will try and take out a personal contract using my Eircom business account bill to get the €10/month discount.

Is it cheaper to buy the contract on line rather than in the shop?

One last question, do you know anybody with a spare code for Eircom employees mates rate deal? :cool:

Hi Steve

I picked up a Galaxy S2 on the Select Unlimited 12 month contract for €69 a month as an Eircom business landline customer. I bought it in an eMobile shop and got the 3 months tariff free deal. So far so good.

Thanks again for you help.

Hi Steve

I picked up a Galaxy S2 on the Select Unlimited 12 month contract for €69 a month as an Eircom business landline customer. I bought it in an eMobile shop and got the 3 months tariff free deal. So far so good.

Thanks again for you help.

Happy to hear that!

If you need anything else please let me know.

-Steve

Advertisement