Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 AMMO

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

lads where is the cheapest remington umc .223 ammo to be found.
    was charged 20 euro for a box the other day, not happy!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

UMC only costs €15 a box in my local rfd. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

www.islandsports.ie are @ €12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

what kind of bullets would they be? full metal jackets which are the cheapest? i must check out that store it looks good.... i find the cheap rounds are un accurate..how much is he for hornady balistics? their the only accurate round and next best be remington now thats my opinion but every1 has different opinions..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moving to the main shooting forum. Unless there is an actual item for sale or being sought the place for discussions is on the main shooting forum.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

4200fps wrote: »
    what kind of bullets would they be? full metal jackets which are the cheapest? i must check out that store it looks good.... i find the cheap rounds are un accurate..how much is he for hornady balistics? their the only accurate round and next best be remington now thats my opinion but every1 has different opinions..

Federal premium is as accurate as Hornady through my rifle. Don't think she likes her own kind of ammo (Rem :pac: ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pintos80

im from longford.
    they were hollow point 50grain.

Chesapeake wrote: »
    www.islandsports.ie are @ €12.50

they are remington express not umc.

johngalway wrote: »
    Federal premium is as accurate as Hornady through my rifle. Don't think she likes her own kind of ammo (Rem :pac: ).

i have always put remington ammo through my remington with no problem....

UMC only costs €15 a box in my local rfd. Where are you based?

im from longford, where are you getting them at that price?

pintos80 wrote: »
    David mulpehel is 15euro a box in ballymahon for remington 50grain hallow tips. i see on another comment 12.50 a box which is realy good value..the hollow tips are a good tip but wouldnt be as accurate as balistic tip..the hollows do nice damage:D

• Advertisement

i have always put remington ammo through my remington with no problem....
    Federal premium is as accurate as Hornady...are u for real? Hornady makes the fastest and most accurate rounds on the market..if u look down the barrel after u fire federals the barrel is black. even if u buy a 50 grain for example ballistic tip,remington,hornady,federal and winchester they all will perform different,the drops will be different to others on the same grain so if i change from one brand to another ive to change the MOA on the scope..Federal american eagle tactical is the cheapest 223 round out there..id stay with hornady or remington..thats my opinion

Federal premium is as accurate as Hornady...are u for real?

Federal american eagle tactical is the cheapest 223 round out there..id stay with hornady or remington..thats my opinion

You do realize that Federal Premium (the hint is in the name) is not the same thing as American Eagle, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

David mulival is the very man that sold them to me. Nice man to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Federal premium is as accurate as Hornady...are u for real? Hornady makes the fastest and most accurate rounds on the market..if u look down the barrel after u fire federals the barrel is black. even if u buy a 50 grain for example ballistic tip,remington,hornady,federal and winchester they all will perform different,the drops will be different to others on the same grain so if i change from one brand to another ive to change the MOA on the scope..Federal american eagle tactical is the cheapest 223 round out there..id stay with hornady or remington..thats my opinion
    Federal Premium ammo is easy as accurate and consistant as hornady or any other quality branded ammo ...not to be confused with federal american eagles ;)

You do realize that Federal Premium (the hint is in the name) is not the same thing as American Eagle, right?

Despite its success as a military cartridge (where it produces "casualties"--not necessarily quick kills) as their full metal jackets, it is not a big game cartridge and should not be used for hunting deer or big game. Shooting a 55 grain bullet, its optimum game weight is only about 19 pounds at 200 yards... always use ballistic,soft point or hollow point.full metal jackets are very dangerous as they rickoshea of the slightest thing.... ask any of the hunters on this i think they will agree somehow

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Federal Premium ammo is easy as accurate and consistant as hornady or any other quality branded ammo ...not to be confused with federal american eagles ;)

Despite its success as a military cartridge (where it produces "casualties"--not necessarily quick kills) as their full metal jackets, it is not a big game cartridge and should not be used for hunting deer or big game. Shooting a 55 grain bullet, its optimum game weight is only about 19 pounds at 200 yards... always use ballistic,soft point or hollow point.full metal jackets are very dangerous as they rickoshea of the slightest thing.... ask any of the hunters on this i think they will agree somehow
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Oh for the love of good Jesus :pac:

Will someone tell him?

:D

I'm goin lamping.

if your happy with them thats all u want..:D

Me, I'm delirious with unrestrained joy with these....

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/rifle.aspx?id=209

Now, I am going lamping!

The premium branded federal ammo is not full metal jacketed ......its high grade hunting ammo , but i agree that full metal jacket ammo is not for hunting .American eagle ammo is for cheap plinking and target practice (NOT HUNTING) as stated by federal !

• Advertisement

The premium branded federal ammo is not full metal jacketed ......its high grade hunting ammo , but i agree that full metal jacket ammo is not for hunting .American eagle ammo is for cheap plinking and target practice (NOT HUNTING) as stated by federal !

AMERICAN EAGLE AE223 is full metal jacket i didnt know that brand did ballistics sorry my mistake.. all what u posted is correct :)

AMERICAN EAGLE AE223 is full metal jacket i didnt know that brand did ballistics sorry my mistake.. all what u posted is correct smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

Hornady's new ammo

Cant wait to get some :cool::pac:

Hondata92 wrote: »
    Hornady's new ammo

Cant wait to get some :cool::pac:

class must tell da lads

Me, I'm delirious with unrestrained joy with these....

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/rifle.aspx?id=209

Now, I am going lamping!

didnt know they were ballistics.have a gud nyt shooting lad

didnt know they were ballistics.have a gud nyt shooting lad
    Their premium ammo is match grade with hunting heads ,imo.Some of the best 400 yard groups were shot with federal premium hunting ammo.:cool:

Ah, rain :rolleyes: I suppose it'll keep the dust down :rolleyes:

Ah, rain :rolleyes: I suppose it'll keep the dust down :rolleyes:
    When i seen your reply ,i taught you were out lamping with your i phone ;)

When i seen your reply ,i taught you were out lamping with your i phone ;)

:pac:

I don't have an iPhone :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement