Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Grade! :/

• 16-10-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello there. Recently my class was given a surprise German test for our mid-term assessment and to cut a long story short, it didnt go so well! :( I wouldnt mind so much but im aiming for really high points in the Leaving, I have been doing really well so far this year, mostly A1's. We are yet to get the result but i know it went badly, to make it worse, the teacher said I am on course for an A1 at the start of the year.

It's really discouraging and I know it sounds so stupid and childish but its really affecting me, how should I feel about this? I reckon myself it will be around 45-50%, should I just accept it and move on? How should I do this? Advice would be strongly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It has no effect on anything by the sound of it, so just move on.

Everyone has an off day and some people would be thrilled with a D. If you've been getting A1s all along, you have nothing to worry about.

Just be sure you know why it went badly - did you leave out parts of questions? Not study? Misunderstand the questions?

Learn from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

All of those A1s don't just disappear from one bad result. In fact bad results at this point of the year are kind of good because you can see where and how you're losing marks. Like in physics most of my marks disappear because I forget to do parts of questions because nothing is numbered properly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I wouldn't worry, we all have our off-days where nothing just goes our way. I remember I was very disappointed when I barely passed some German letter exercise in 5th year - I got an A2 in the real exam.

It means nothing to your LC, don't let class tests knock your confidence - just learn from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

don't even worry about it. if you've been getting A1s up to this point you're doing extremely well!! (:
    I wish my teacher did class tests with us.. the only tests we get are the christmas and summer tests. So be happy! At least you're learning by doing tests, unlike the rest of us.. :P ich bin.. jealous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

You'll be graaand, don't worry about it! Sure I failed half my mocks and ended up with 485!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wait until the teacher gives you back your paper, it may not have gone as badly as you think!

Have a look at why you think it went wrong - as spurious said, be sure you know why it went badly. If you know the cause, then you know how to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Don't beat yourself up about it - everyone has a bad day! Better to be having those bad days now rather than in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

The one redeeming factor in the Leaving Cert is that none of your grades leading up to the final exam count for anything really :P Just treat it like an exercise, use it to see where you're going wrong. Don't fret about it, anyway...I got my first B in Maths last month (in HL Statistics, my worst topic >.<) but it's just encouraged me to work harder for the Christmas exams :)

Advertisement