Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North/South to buy drink

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a bash for Halloween and was wondering would I be better doing up to the North to get the drink? I live less than a half hour south of the border?

Also in your experience how much drink would you need for around 50 people to keep them going from say 8/9pm-12/1am?

Thanks Kids :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm not sure where you should get it from but I'd ask Sellerbarry for the money I hear he's loaded :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Whovian wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a bash for Halloween and was wondering would I be better doing up to the North to get the drink? I live less than a half hour south of the border?

Also in your experience how much drink would you need for around 50 people to keep them going from say 8/9pm-12/1am?

Thanks Kids :)

I'm a kid, don't know anything about, north. south or drink. Ask some adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What sort of drink? I quit drinking last year but have definitely noticed that Irish supermarkets have caught up with NI prices on all but smaller bottles of spirits.
    Beer here (when on offer) is as cheap as up North, smae with decent wine...

As for amounts? Who the f*ck knows? They're your friends... how much do they drink on average? Find that out and muliptly by 50...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You're buying 50 people drink? thats not gonna be cheap

Try buy 2 kegs of the local/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

doesnt matter which side of town you buy in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tell them to bring their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So many supermarkets have deals now there's feck all difference between South/North prices.

You should've stocked up when Tesco had their 3 cases for €20 offer.

Galahad lager in Aldi is dirt cheap and very drinkable if you're on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

For beer there is no point as you'll get it as cheap (if not cheaper) in supermarkets here. Spirits are a little cheaper, however i'd simply buy them in Aldi/Lidl.

You can look up the prices on Asda.co.uk and compare the prices before deciding, but i dont think its worth it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

My invitation hasn't arrived yet OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

As mentioned above, the prices are about the same, or sometimes cheaper down south on everything except spirits.

It is quite cheaper on the spirits though, depending on what you are getting, could save a fiver per bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try to find online prices for some places in the North, then compare to your local supermarket.

AH -> Booze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Lidl/Aldi are def cheaper or same. Plus £ exchange rate not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oranage2 wrote: »
    You're buying 50 people drink? thats not gonna be cheap

Try buy 2 kegs of the local/
    Kegs cost a lot more than getting cheap deals in supermarkets. 2 kegs is 3.5pints each for the 50 people. I think with rental of gas & taps its about 2.00-2.50 per pint from most places, for mainstream brands.

I would be estimating 3-4 litres of beer each for that time.

Advertisement