Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little girls want netbooks - Help

Options
  • 16-10-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can get 2 cheap netbooks for my daughters for the approaching seasons requests!!
    I have 2 girls under 11, approx €200 range... has anyone spotted good deals??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I went around most of Cork a couple of weeks ago looking at netbooks and the best prices I could find were in argos. They have a good few netbooks €220-230 including an Asus disney princess one if they're into that (although the disney one is onl 160gb most others are 250 but don't suppose the specs would be too important for kids)
    Theres an e-machines netbook around in most electrical places for €180-200 but they don't look the most robust things.
    Mabe someone knows of better deals online but if all else fails have a look at argos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If the netbooks are around €230 each you're probably better off getting an Emachines laptop for €299,it has everything you need and won't need anymore hardware add-ons in the future as the kids get older and demand more from the machine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Or you could consider a couple of Android tablets at 200 Euro each:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056377687

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

I don't know much about tablets, can they access net games on it? moshi monsters, panfu etc?? pardon my cluelessness?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Munstermad wrote: »
    I don't know much about tablets, can they access net games on it? moshi monsters, panfu etc?? pardon my cluelessness?

Yup, anything you can do on your web browser on your PC you can do on a browser on Android tablets. A tablet is something they can carry around the house with them or bring it to bed, much easier than a laptop. They can download loads of games from the apps market too, many of them free. If they want something to leave on a desk, then a laptop would probably be better.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million I think I will go with the tablet so... Sounds like a plan :D

Would recommend you get the Hannspad's linked in my earlier post from Misco.ie. If you go through fatcheese you'll get 4% back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Moshi Monsters won't be playable on a Tablet, it doesnt deal with touch input well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Blade wrote: »
    Yup, anything you can do on your web browser on your PC you can do on a browser on Android tablets. A tablet is something they can carry around the house with them or bring it to bed, much easier than a laptop. They can download loads of games from the apps market too, many of them free. If they want something to leave on a desk, then a laptop would probably be better.
    Tablets are completely unsuited to online flash games.

That said, the games you'd find on the Android Market would be much more entertaining than most flash games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

yes,agree with partyatmygaff
    there are more interesting games in apps store ,you can download then have fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

As a parent, I'd have to say you'd be mad to buy tablets for kids under 11 — they'll be dropped and broken before they go back to school.

Here's a white HP netbook with a decent 6-cell battery for €205 delivered.

I got two MSI netbooks for approx €150 each in the end from Argos when they were doing the 20 euro voucher deals.... Cheers for all the advice...Santa sorted YEAAAAY!!!

Advertisement