Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSIS windows user accounts password change

Options
  • 16-10-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

how does one change their windows login password in CSIS building, Ive tried through user accounts settings, but I need administrator privilege,
    Ive asked one of the sys admins to do it, but he's being rude, unhelpful, condescending & wont, and says if some of us dont change our pw's by next weekend, he'll close the accounts, as they are currently crackable, fair enough, but what an unhelpful grumpy sod, wont even tell me how, just to go find out off someone else......like it was a big secret, .... grrr :mad:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

In the login screen on the PC there should be a button that says "Change Password" or something along those lines. This'll do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

how does one change their windows login password in CSIS building, Ive tried through user accounts settings, but I need administrator privilege,
    Ive asked one of the sys admins to do it, but he's being rude, unhelpful, condescending & wont, and says if some of us dont change our pw's by next weekend, he'll close the accounts, as they are currently crackable, fair enough, but what an unhelpful grumpy sod, wont even tell me how, just to go find out off someone else......like it was a big secret, .... grrr :mad:

thanks

haha i think i know who you were dealing with, awful man he is..

havent a clue and i dont indeed on changing it either, F em

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

The password on most windows machines can be changed by hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then selecting the option "Change Password". Works for any of the machines I have used before...

But then CSIS do computers different to the rest of the college, so maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 confusedInUL

CJKeane wrote: »
    In the login screen on the PC there should be a button that says "Change Password" or something along those lines. This'll do the trick!
    lol, i hope its not this blindingly obvious, i surely would of seen it ! I have been conscience of the crappy password, but I never saw anywhere obvious to change it, I was givin it by the other admin, who did in fairness ask me to change it asap,....I'll have a closer look Monday
    haha i think i know who you were dealing with, awful man he is..
    lol, I wont name names, but process of elimination, the other Sys Admin in my brief dealings with him, seem like a very nice friendly gentleman, had a bit of craic with him ! :D

ETA, sound Robo Mike, now that sounds like it will work, cheers lads !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

lol, I wont name names, but process of elimination, the other Sys Admin in my brief dealings with him, seem like a very nice friendly gentleman, had a bit of craic with him ! :D

ya i needed an account set up from himself, wanted proof other then my student id card that i wasnt coming in here to get an account to hack into the system:rolleyes:.

bloody academics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

In Windows...Ctrl-Alt-Delete and Change Password should be eoungh.

In Linux try yppasswd from the CLI, that will change your password in a NIS database.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

This works too. I got an email at the start of the year with this link telling me to change my password because it was about to expire.

Here you go: https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Burswood wrote: »
    This works too. I got an email at the start of the year with this link telling me to change my password because it was about to expire.

Here you go: https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx

Hope this helps :)

That's only for the campus password.
    The CSIS building have their own network with their own passwords.

Clicking on "Change Password" in the CTRL + ALT + DEL page will do the trick for you as long as you're on a PC in the CSIS building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

The CSIS building have their own network with their own passwords.
    Well aren't ye the elite group. :pac: :D

Advertisement