Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing for Mac?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I have Final Cut but it's bulky and IMO very annoying to use :D
    Any suggestions on something lightweight for OS X?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Uh... iMovie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

OMG never again,it runs like a dinosaur.
    I suppose I could give it a go again it's just after accidentally letterboxing something in college and it giving me a time estimate of 2 days (the computers were a bit slow) I've tried to stay clear...
    Is there anything else or is iMovie the best for a Mac?

laura-can wrote: »
    OMG never again,it runs like a dinosaur.
    I suppose I could give it a go again it's just after accidentally letterboxing something in college and it giving me a time estimate of 2 days (the computers were a bit slow) I've tried to stay clear...
    Is there anything else or is iMovie the best for a Mac?

Have to say, I use it all the time and don't have any problems with it, unless I am doing something huge or complex.

I also use Mpeg Streamclip for super simple stuff.

yeah i was probably just scared after using it on million year old imacs but i'll give it another go!
    thanks man :D

Right ok I change my mine, it's awful, any other suggestions?

• Advertisement

Well, a quick google throws up ZS4 as the best alternative... i have no experience with it though.

I'm intrigued though, think I will download it tonight and see how quick/ easy it is to use.

Sorry about the last post, spelling disaster!

If you get there before me let me know what you think! I'm looking for something a bit more precise like Final Cut, without the CPU hogging :)

laura-can wrote: »
    Sorry about the last post, spelling disaster!

If you get there before me let me know what you think! I'm looking for something a bit more precise like Final Cut, without the CPU hogging :)

Well, that would be perfect for me too, I have alot of editing to do quick and my 4 year old mac book pro can't handle the strain of final cut.

So I will tell you if you tell me :)

Ok so I didn't get a chance to download it yet, did you? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

premiere, not as bulky if used to ps etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 iScopedThePope

adobe premiere seems good, same UI as After effects if you dont wont something bulky

Advertisement