Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 problems, connection drops and very high gaming pings

Options
  • 16-10-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Recently our old Netopia router died so Eircom provided us with a Zyxel model and we've had nothing but trouble since. The connection is always dropping and when trying to play any online games the ping is ridiculous. Servers that we could connect too with a steady ping of 15 are now reaching over 200 at any given time. Nothing else is new or been replaced and these problems have only started once we got this Zyxel. Is this thing defected or can we do something about it? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Recently our old Netopia router died so Eircom provided us with a Zyxel model and we've had nothing but trouble since. The connection is always dropping and when trying to play any online games the ping is ridiculous. Servers that we could connect too with a steady ping of 15 are now reaching over 200 at any given time. Nothing else is new or been replaced and these problems have only started once we got this Zyxel. Is this thing defected or can we do something about it? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi ClothesBeam!,

Have you had a look at some of the following tips and tutorials for gaming - http://bit.ly/r5xG9j

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClothesBeam!

Hi Mark,

Yes, that was the very first step i took when we got the new modem. I've also run virus and spyware scans, moved the modem to see if it was sending out a weak signal and even connected by wire to see if it help the speed or the disconnecting problems. None of these made any difference. The modem still likes to drop connections and connections are held and I attempt to join an online game I get extremely high ping. what was 15 ping to a regular server turned to 200 and that 200 in the past few days has been on occasion going to 900.

It is not just this one server. Its every server, every game and it's a good 80% of the time that this issue comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, that was the very first step i took when we got the new modem. I've also run virus and spyware scans, moved the modem to see if it was sending out a weak signal and even connected by wire to see if it help the speed or the disconnecting problems. None of these made any difference. The modem still likes to drop connections and connections are held and I attempt to join an online game I get extremely high ping. what was 15 ping to a regular server turned to 200 and that 200 in the past few days has been on occasion going to 900.

It is not just this one server. Its every server, every game and it's a good 80% of the time that this issue comes up
    #

Hi ClothesBeam!,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I so I can look into your issue in detail.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement