Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New book claims Hitler died in Argentina

• 16-10-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16090144
    British journalist Gerrard Williams has told Sky News he and co-author Simon Dunstan found an "overwhelming amount of evidence" to suggest Hitler died an old man in South America.
    Many historians say the Nazi leader died in his Berlin bunker in 1945 - but Williams claims their research, looking at newly de-classified documents and forensic tests, challenges this.
    "We didn't want to re-write history, but the evidence we've discovered about the escape of Adolf Hitler is just too overwhelming to ignore," he said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

A Dan Brown type book, the burned remnants of his skull is in a vault in a Moscow museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

So Hitler fled to Argentina and lived in a house share with Elvis and Tupac?

I SMELL A SITCOM!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Nice gaf in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wrong. I killed Hitler in his big mechanical suit thing at the end of Wolfenstein 3d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

have you not seen the boys from Brazil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

4leto wrote: »
    the burned remnants of his skull is in a vault in a Moscow museum.
    The skull that they didn't want anyone to examine until the last few years? That one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I believe this, surely Hitler knew the end was coming for a while and had put in place a get out plan.
    And he has 2 daughters, i never knew this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

the_syco wrote: »
    The skull that they didn't want anyone to examine until the last few years? That one?

No idea, I just remember a thing on discovery about it, the guy held a skull which was slightly burned in places.

He didn't get to Argentina The russians had the whole area besieged, his dog wouldn't have even got out. His last days are all well documented and widely witnessed, this book will fulfil its mission and sell well.

But it is bullhsit.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I believe this, surely Hitler knew the end was coming for a while and had put in place a get out plan.

twink is probably one of them you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There was a very good History channel documentary that was on air a few months back.
    In it they tested the so called found skull that was supposed to be Hitler and was able to show that it indeed belonged in stead to a woman without question.

Not saying that the Sky news report is true - I don't have a clue - but I'd be interested to read the book supposedly putting forth is latest notion, even if it is just a clever profit making gimmick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Argentina declared war on Germany during WW2 (very late in the day -granted). Was Farrell From Longford a fascist - I dont know! Probably just a bogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

He never died. Just went away with some nice little friends. And he'll be back.

http://ugandanway.com/public/albums/userpics/10001/hitler2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Those 2 daughters should be in prison right now, serving a sentence for the sins of their father. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

policarp wrote: »
    Those 2 daughters should be in prison right now, serving a sentence for the sins of their father. . .

hardly their fault is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

dosnt he have a son too. Read something about him not having kids as he wants his fathers bloodline gone. Then again could be bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Yes, as should Josef Fritzl's daughter :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Artur Foden

It isn't beyond the realm of reality that he escaped and survived i guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Hitler ruined the Hitler moustache for everyone. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

A Dan Brown type book, the burned remnants of his skull is in a vault in a Moscow museum.

On Sky News this morning the co-author of that book explained that DNA tests were performed on the skull and they revealed the skull to be that of a young girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Biggins wrote: »
    There was a very good History channel documentary that was on air a few months back.
    In it they tested the so called found skull that was supposed to be Hitler and was able to show that it indeed belonged in stead to a woman without question.

Not saying that the Sky news report is true - I don't have a clue - but I'd be interested to read the book supposedly putting forth is latest notion, even if it is just a clever profit making gimmick.

The skull of a woman, bloody hell, those Nazi people were well advanced with their sex change skills. No wonder he was never found if he had a sex swap...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I don't think Hitler got a chance to sail the Southern seas..

I rented out 'Blind Spot' a few years back, from Laser on South Great Georges Street.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311320/

It is basically.. Hitler's secretary, Traudl Junge (16 March 1920 – 10 February 2002), talking, talking, talking.. amazing person, amazing life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traudl_Junge

(Could an Admin\Moderator embed the following image please..? ..then delete this text? Thank you.)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2999/mv5bmtk4ndqwmzyzml5bml5.jpg

She is the same person who is featured as one of the main characters in the film, 'Downfall'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dotrel wrote: »
    Hitler ruined the Hitler moustache for everyone. :mad:

The goose-step too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Sooopie wrote: »
    hardly their fault is it

I thought Hitler was supposed to have been impotent.
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Yes, as should Josef Fritzl's daughter :confused:

Fritzl's daughters were his grandchildren. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It probably is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It probably is true.

Based on what evidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Based on what evidence?
    pfft who needs evidence it says so on the interweb!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Saila wrote: »
    have you not seen the boys from Brazil?

Last I heard, they were in Gort. What do you want them for?:confused:

pfft who needs evidence it says so on the interweb!!

Yeah,plus it's going to be in a film - so I suppose it must be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Stalin kept Hitler's skull as an ash tray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Had he been alive, he would have come to Ireland with the rest of them, and possibly have been invited by TCD to take part in the odd debate or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I reckon Hitler died in his bunker.
    But you never know. He wouldnt be the first leader who ran down the road while the enemy was closing in.

After all his body was 'burned' well before the russians made it to the bunker. Who was to say it was really Hitlers body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think it emerged that the skull in Moscow was female.

• Advertisement

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Based on what evidence?
    Would not surprise me if it was true though. So many Nazi's escaped to Argentina. The Roman Catholic Church was doing a lot for the Nazi's to escape from Berlin and Germany after the war. So it could be possible with Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Thats the discovery channels sorted for 5 møre years

Would not surprise me if it was true though. So many Nazi's escaped to Argentina. The Roman Catholic Church was doing a lot for the Nazi's to escape from Berlin and Germany after the war. So it could be possible with Hitler.

Fortunately, the number of war criminals they helped to escape is dwarfed by the number of innocent Jews etc. that they helped. And I doubt Hitler was among either number.

Leaving aside the extent of the involvement of the Catholic Church in establishing the "ratline" to Argentina, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So far no credible evidence has been forthcoming that Hitler escaped Berlin - to keep something like that secret for so long would be quite incredible. The full account of "Hitler's escape" as detailed in the book is here - lots of far-fetched claims. The most ridiculous one is that a wily old survivor like General Franco put his backside on the line to help Hitler escape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭whubee

... not to be dismissed straight off, but they better have some solid proof.

(likely just book/film revenue scam as someone else said..IF so authors are azzhles and timewasting scumbags)

• Advertisement

Fortunately, the number of war criminals they helped to escape is dwarfed by the number of innocent Jews etc. that they helped. And I doubt Hitler was among either number.
    No one said otherwise. Just would not surprise if it was true. Just my view on it.

No one said otherwise. Just would not surprise if it was true. Just my view on it.
    ULSTER SAYS NO

whubee wrote: »
    ... not to be dismissed straight off, but they better have some solid proof.

(likely just book/film revenue scam as someone else said..IF so authors are azzhles and timewasting scumbags)

Have ordered a copy of the book so will be interested to see what evidence if any, they have.

(In the Sky video they mention a number of statements from people that supposedly flew the evil man out and received him at the other end, I hope they back that up with more evidence.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I thought Hitler was supposed to have been impotent.
    He was very impotent , people saluting him and holding doors open for him everywhere he went.

He was very impotent , people saluting him and holding doors open for him everywhere he went.

...Stay there ...I'll get your coat for you! :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

So Hitler fled to Argentina and lived in a house share with Elvis and Tupac?

I SMELL A SITCOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Gadaffi is off living with him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

UNIONISTS SAY DON'T KNOW

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMERSH
    As the war concluded, SMERSH was given the assignment of finding Adolf Hitler and, if possible, capturing him alive or recovering his body. Red Army officers and SMERSH agents found Hitler's partially burned corpse near the Führerbunker after his suicide and conducted an investigation to confirm the events of his death and identify the remains which (along with those of Eva Braun) were reportedly secretly buried at SMERSH headquarters in Magdeburg until April 1970, when they were exhumed, completely cremated, and dumped in the Elbe river.
    To a war weary population the spectre of Hitler being around to die another day would have left them without a quantum of solace.

UNIONISTS KNOW
    fyp

• Advertisement
Advertisement